• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Concerning Reiter--up and coming.

We don't have any "local" police so to say--just county sherifs.

And there will be sherifs on bikes so don't assume they will be in a vehicle.

they have bikes and a small truck if i'm not mistaken patroling reiter. if it's the sheriffs department i'm a little less worried. The staters tend to be the jerks while the sheriffs department out there I've had little to no problems with slight discrepancies. Tubed buggy is obviously not legal on the road but a lifted subaru or toy with an 2 to 4 inches over on the bumper height is not so obvious driving down the road. not that i'm condoning not having proper equipment...

Last edited:
The local police were absorbed into the Sheriff's weren't they?
They closed the gold bar PD--and fired all the cops from what I remember. Then they had county come in and take over the PD so its a satalite station now for the county(don't try to get somebody there,lol)

Sultan still has local police, They have talked many times about letting Sheriffs take over but it hasn't happened. Sheriff does help though.

Gold Bar, had local police at one time. Now it is by local Sheriff who still have an office in Gold Bar, but you'd be seriously lucky to actually find an officer there.

Ok, I have read all 21 pages of (some good points and some bull ****). Speaking from 30 years of wheeling and expereincing the loss ALL major ORV use in Whatcom County, You guys better get your **** togather and learn to play nice as a team no mater what you drive or your going to loose Riter.

I don't mean to rain on anyones party, however, we up here sounded alot like this thread and because of the lack of team players we lost it all. I was involved writing many letters to goverment angiencies trying to keep our ares open to all users but could not get enough people on the same page to support our cause.

Just thoughts to ponder. Good luck