• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Copper Creek question

slednecks1124

wanted to take my dads polaris rzr s up in the snow, is it illegal to take that thing up to copper creek since it is not street legal???? I dont know much about the local laws and all that junk so figured id ask:awesomework:

Who cares. Just go. If you get hassled play dumb. I doubt anyone will give you much grief on a sled, in the snow, on a road, in the middle of nowhere. Just don't be an idiot and play it smart. I'm sure there are people who dissagree with me so let's here from them now...

Who cares. Just go. If you get hassled play dumb. I doubt anyone will give you much grief on a sled, in the snow, on a road, in the middle of nowhere. Just don't be an idiot and play it smart. I'm sure there are people who dissagree with me so let's here from them now...

That would be my normal attitude but i cant afford to get a ticket or get my dads razor impounded

I may be wrong as to what he is refering to, but a Rzr is a side by side UTV, not a sled. Considering the hassling that has been going on in other areas with non legal vehicles getting tickets on snow covered forest roads, I would be extremely cautious.

I may be wrong as to what he is refering to, but a Rzr is a side by side UTV, not a sled. Considering the hassling that has been going on in other areas with non legal vehicles getting tickets on snow covered forest roads, I would be extremely cautious.

Is it opened to track vehicles?

if its opened tro tracked vehicles in the winter, you should be OK.

Yes it is a side by side, similar to the rhino. :corn:

Oh my bad I thought you were talking about a sled. Either way I think if you play dumb you'd be ok. Especially if you are treading lightly.

If there is more than a foot of snow that Razor is not gonna go anywhere except back into the truck. If the snow is pure powder than maybe but ATVs don't do well in deep snow. Razors are 4wd but they are low and have small tires for high performance in the dirt/dunes they aren't built for snow. But if you don't believe me go for it and let me know how it goes.:D

Chain up all 4 corners--That's what I do on my Big Bear...Been a couple yrs since doin' it, but was able to fjord thru 20" snow while hunting:awesomework:....

If there is more than a foot of snow that Razor is not gonna go anywhere except back into the truck. If the snow is pure powder than maybe but ATVs don't do well in deep snow. Razors are 4wd but they are low and have small tires for high performance in the dirt/dunes they aren't built for snow. But if you don't believe me go for it and let me know how it goes.:D

I am not too worried about it, it has a decent amount of ground clearance and some meaty tires:awesomework:

but can anyone tell me whether it is illegal or not to go up there?

I too have a Polaris RZR S, and no, their NOT legal on any FS roads (ask me how I know) and they suck in snow deeper than a foot.

The track kits for them look pretty cool. :cool: