• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Corbeau Baja XP??

1tonyj

I am looking at maybe going with the Baja XP seats in the new buggy and was wondering if anyone runs these and what they think of them. I have had the Baja SS's and Baja Ultra's in the past in other buggys. Thxs guys for any info.

I've got them in my buggy. They are extremely comfortable!
Only 2 complaints with them. They are big which made packaging them a little harder. I don't have drains or anything so they are a pain to wash or if it rains it just fills up.

Otherwise I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair in my new build. I can't speak for durability yet, but they are quite comfortable. I like the fact that the headrest is tall enough to be functional. The removable seat cushions have a substantial amount of foam; maybe too much. If the foam doesn't break down from use in a reasonable amount of time, I may pull the cushion covers and trim away some of the foam.

They have more head support for taller guys than the Ultra which is nice. I feel my torso is too tall for the ultra and I'm only 6'. I tried to run the XP but they were too tall as the seat cushion is thicker. I wish they'd make the head rest 2" higher in the ultra and put some drain holes in the bottom of the seat. Then we'd have a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are the only seats i will run and i have had them all. Take the bottom cushion out, remove the cover, take the green foam out of the center. Your torso will sit 3 inches down farther in the seat then they feel like a glove

I got them in my new build. All I have done is set in them, but they are very comfortable. I'm 6'2 230lbs

I run the wide Ultras and love them. If I was buying new, the XPs would be my first choice.

FYI, it's easy to add a drain. I used a bulkhead fitting for a boat bilge pump. Put a hole in the lowest part of the seat and screw the fitting together. It's been that way for a few years now with no issues, and no holding water.

Here's an example of the fitting I used. Just the hull fitting of course, not the whole kit.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/marine-raider-bilge-pump-plumbing-kit#repChildCatid=4307050