• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Couple questions

mumblewood

Hey I think a coupe friends and I are heading up to walker this weekend. None of us have ever been there so we had some questions

1- how do we get there? We are coming up from Renton

2- what passes if any do we need?

3- is there anyplace to get a map?

4-where to park tow rigs?

Thanks in advance

There is going to be a bunch of us up there this weekend. We're bringing a bunch of the Military Jeepers from Lewis up as well as Wheeling with the Wounded. Tag along.

sounds like fun.... but I will be enjoying the sun in Las Vegas... and of course that is when my WSOP even starts.. hehe

I still have yet to make it onto the trails up at walker... maybe one day before I kick the bucket!!

sounds like fun.... but I will be enjoying the sun in Las Vegas... and of course that is when my WSOP even starts.. hehe

I still have yet to make it onto the trails up at walker... maybe one day before I kick the bucket!!

Get yer schtuff done!!! :fawkdancesmiley:

Get yer schtuff done!!! :fawkdancesmiley:

haha yeah yeah... maybe after Vegas (and when I win BIG) I can get a chance to start working on it again... I hope...

just re-doing 2 houses is such a TIME SUCK... as well as a $$ drain...

but soon.... wait for it Grasshopper... hehe

and for a licensed/plated rig you need a discover pass which can be purchased at any place which sells hunting/fishing licenses or the dmv.

so for a rig without a displayed license/plate; ORV tabs or nothing or ?

(no, I haven't been paying attention).

so for a rig without a displayed license/plate; ORV tabs or nothing or ?

(no, I haven't been paying attention).

this has been hashed out on here...

If you have an orv tag on rig or motorcycle you do not need a disco pass for that rig.
If you only have a current license plate you will need a disco pass.
If you tow and park your tow rig you will need a disco pass for the tow rig.

I disco pass is good for 2 licenses plates the Q would be for the 2 license plates you would be currently using...

yes you may need to have 2 disco passes but that is open to debate... I would assume the person writing you the ticket would have the last word on it or the judge if you wish to push it that far...

this has been hashed out on here...

If you have an orv tag on rig or motorcycle you do not need a disco pass for that rig.
If you only have a current license plate you will need a disco pass.
If you tow and park your tow rig you will need a disco pass for the tow rig.

I disco pass is good for 2 licenses plates the Q would be for the 2 license plates you would be currently using...

yes you may need to have 2 disco passes but that is open to debate... I would assume the person writing you the ticket would have the last word on it or the judge if you wish to push it that far...
Thats what I thought, but the way you worded it I wanted to make sure.

Bottom line, ANY rig up there needs "something", be it ORV tag or Disco pass.

I cleaned up version of this thread might make a good sticky, maybe for all "area" forums. Something along "Requirements for this area". Describing pass requirements, maps, rules, hours ect. A FAQ if you would.

Heres the maps. http://www.dnr.wa.gov/recreationeducation/topics/trailsmapsfacilities/pages/trail_maps.aspx

lots of places to park truck and trailer in a parking lot and just along peter burns road

and

here

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...JCzQ;FbEm4gIdZNa3-A&oq=renton,&t=h&mra=ls&z=9

and for a licensed/plated rig you need a discover pass which can be purchased at any place which sells hunting/fishing licenses or the dmv.

The map on the DNR web site is badly out of date.

Do: Show up and look for other rigs,with similar build as yours,and see if you can tag along.

Dont: Roll up to a group of low slung,V8 buggies on Stickies and ask if you can tag along....that won't end well:D

Just do it....WV is a small place with only a few miles of 4wd trail so its pretty easy to get around:beer:

Stop by and say hi. I should be at the parking lot around 9:00am. :hi:

487584_500109223360020_1133594685_n.jpg