• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crawl Rally WindRock Videos

I'd like to see all the videos! !! :dblthumb: and agreed, took some :tc to hit that hill!

zukimaster said:
Cole, be honest with me man! What are my chances of climbing this in the old Zuk? I mean, all I got to do is suck down the front winch! :woot:

And let some air out of your tires, or at least that's what the flat billers would say,

poolman said:
I'd like to see all the videos! !! :dblthumb: and agreed, took some :tc to hit that hill!

What video do you want to see in particular?

Cole said:
I will probably catch flack for this but I strongly disagree. Hills like this is what separates the drivers.

and NO I would never attempt a hill like that because I know I don't belong on something like that. I would rather run 80-90mph through 3' whoops than climb something like that.

No flack bud. I agree this hill seperates drivers. Most hills i would love to catch a ride up.... this one you couldnt pay me to sit in the passenger seat. I just dont want to see any drivers get hurt or another situation like bubba. We watched the tree knock a hole in the fuel cell and it was pouring race gas out of it . If it would have caught fire....... i feel the outcome would have been completely different.

I will have to agree with Cole a little. It did separate the drivers but if you didn't have the suspension to soke up that ledge than it was going to throw you like it did almost everybody. Tim's buggy looked like the tires never left the ground the buggy works for sure and he knows how to drive it.

highrolrcustoms said:
I think the list of drivers would be pretty big if they werent affraid of another bubba bacon roll to the bottom. Just throwing this out there as a safety idea but would it be possible to string some steel cables between the trees on the right side of the hill in different places to help stop the buggies from flipping to the bottom?
i dont like that idea, a flipping buggy hitting a steel cable would be like a winch cable breaking and whipping around

sappmann said:
i dont like that idea, a flipping buggy hitting a steel cable would be like a winch cable breaking and whipping around

I think the idea would be to stop them before they got the momentum up to break the cable or get kicked up off the hill like bubba did, it took a roll or two before it kicked up into the air. I think they did this on the 10k bounty hill, I almost remember a recovery guy getting slingshot

It worked for years at the bottom of helicopter pad at tellico to keep people from dropping off the mountain into the pits of hell or wherever that drop off went. But that was also a permanent trail. Not a temporary one day or twice a year trail.

sappmann said:

The cable would be alot thicker than a winch cable. Interstates and highways use them. I was suggesting installing cables at the top where everyone flips. That way they dont gain all the momentum flipping to the bottom. If you saw the hill in person at the beginning it wasnt a problem flipping to the bottom, but they had to keep.cutting trees down on the right side for recovery of a couple buggies and then as trees were removed buggies gained momentum flipping which in turn took out more trees. By the end of the day..... there were only a couple trees to stop the buggies