• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

creepy crawlers vs TSL SX's

I have never ran the sx's, but the DOT 37's we have tried out work pretty dang awesome in all conditions. They do need to be aired way down to get a good bulge though.

I checked out a few of the rigs at WE- Rock that the Creepy Crawlers on them. They are SOFT. I'd say softer than the BFG KRawler. I think they are a great tire, but I also think they would wear a little bit faster than the TSL.

KarlVP said:
I checked out a few of the rigs at WE- Rock that the Creepy Crawlers on them. They are SOFT. I'd say softer than the BFG KRawler. I think they are a great tire, but I also think they would wear a little bit faster than the TSL.

It's not the same tire you get off the rack

I've seen lot's of comp rigs setup w/the creepy crawlers, but yeah, they prolly get stuff we can't get. So not worth the extra $100 per?

KarlVP said:
my 35s are radials. hard compound

Awsome on a trailer queen. We wheeled with a guy running them and they stick to the rocks great.

IMO comp creepy crawler's work a little better than red label's and they are an awesome SNOW tire. In a competitor's eye's the Maxxis race program is bullshit, but for the average guy it is awesome. Anybody can get comp Maxxis tires, it's a word of mouth agreement, you call and say you want some and you will be running wherever the seattle event is this year and they will be on you're doorstep at a discount, it's that easy, give them a call.

darius said:
IMO comp creepy crawler's work a little better than red label's and they are an awesome SNOW tire.

Not sure which comp compound was being used (they have had a few different compounds the last few years) when you saw them work well in the snow. Had to have been different than a friend of mine who got his sticky CCs about two months ago. No bs'ing, he could barely drive on the snow covered access roads without trouble.

Any other conditions, forget about it. They do great on wet/dry rocks and mud. After quite a few rock runs they are wearing very well for a sticky.

Last edited:
Well I don't know what you're friend's problem is, but the newest compound has been out for a little less than a year, and alike the ones I am speaking of they were bought about 4 month's ago. People think it's the comp compound name that makes a shitty snow tire, well it's just the krawler as far as I know, due to being made out of the rally car type foam, they get the little pit's in the tread and they ice over.