• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CTM 40 Spline or RCV's in a 14 Bolt Hybrid???

Wonder how many axles rcv will replace before they say enough and start making you buy them? I know they have a warranty but it's got to get in their pockets pretty bad to constantly be replacing them

Elliott said:
Wonder how many axles rcv will replace before they say enough and start making you buy them? I know they have a warranty but it's got to get in their pockets pretty bad to constantly be replacing them

not as many as you probably think.

TBItoy said:
The pics came from Ouversons website. Labeled as Scott Morris
yeah Those are scotts axles are as most people know him as Machinewave. I think he said he had blown up 6 atlas cases since going to these axles.

Elliott said:

IMO....Lifetime warranty/"You break it, we replace warranty." is just that. Pretty shitty to just take it away because they aren't "simply unbreakable".

RCV is working on a 40spline setup, but I just dont know how you package that CV bell in a straight axle knuckle.

Draco said:
IMO....Lifetime warranty/"You break it, we replace warranty." is just that. Pretty shitty to just take it away because they aren't "simply unbreakable".

from the front page of there website ( "MOST SHAFTS GUARANTEED AGAINST BREAKAGE!" ) a few months ago that wasn't up there.

InDaShop said:
RCV is working on a 40spline setup, but I just dont know how you package that CV bell in a straight axle knuckle.

you don't without fabricating custom knuckles or using rock stuff

Cole said:
from the front page of there website ( "MOST SHAFTS GUARANTEED AGAINST BREAKAGE!" ) a few months ago that wasn't up there.

I just looked at their dana 60 page again. There's a * beside the You break it, we replace warranty now. skully lol

Travis said:
Look like Scott at Sunfire Offroad's axles.
Scott at Sunfire = Scott Morris = machinewave.

And those axles are possibly the most bad-ass axles built from readily available parts that I have seen.

I'd be interested to see the weight vs. strength vs. parasitic power loss of the D80/Rock hybrid vs. comparable size planetary axles vs. std Rocks.

No question that standard top loader rock or planetary axles will have a significant ground clearance advantage over the D80 center section.

Draco said:

I know in a lot of cases the vendor considers the axle "dead" when it's broken. So the lifetime warranty dies with the “original” product. :****:
They replace it but the replacement does not have the same “life time” warranty. Shitty but it's been my experience in the past. Take it for what you will.

For my money I’m going to try and buy the product that I don't think I’ll break. That way the "bogus" flashemifyougotem warranty doesn't come into play.

I have not run RCV's or CTM's axles but I can tell you too me CTM is miles ahead of RCV. 300M is some extremely bad ass material. when heat treated CORRECTLY it's hard to beat.

ctm all the way. Jordan Tanner has broke 6 RCV's in the past 3 rides. From mwhat I'm seeing there is a awfull lot of the RCV shafts being broke lateley. What's up with that? From what I hear they will replace the shafts the first feel times but after that they will expect you to pay for the parts and they will furnish the labor. That's o.k to a certain point but with all the shafts breaking lateley I would be scared of them know. IMOP