• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Current pics, Old trails - Reiter

More I think about the more I gotta say many of our troubles start at the top---Olympia.

But I will say the more involved the easier our efforts on the ground are.

that's why its so very important to be there and in their ears. Unfortunately as a volunteer with a real job as well I can only dedicate so much time to being there. That's why its so important to write and call your reps when asked to. Everyone of us should be on a first name basis with our reps and or their assistants

Looking at pictures of what has become of all the trails and areas I grew up wheeling on, and looking back at photos of all the good times really makes me sad. We had one of my buddy's bachelor party weekend up there years back, spent the whole weekend camping, drinking and wheeling. Even spent about 3-4 hours of that just repairing his K5 that broke on the way up the Lake Isabel trail.

Hard to believe that no more memories will be made there.

You can make memories anywhere, hell, I have memories of going to Safeway last night. But last time I checked, there was no plan to reopen the older trails that we all wheeled 10+ years ago. Index Overlook, Lake Isabel, etc.... You have to go to the new area that is being built specifically for ORV.

You can't just find a random trail and see where it goes anymore.

Are there realistic plans to re-open the older areas?

Nothing stays the same.

The old reiter is dead--folks need to deal with that...

We have an oportunity to have something again--some will bitch and whine some will enjoy it--can't have things both ways..

In fact I am going wheelin...

Was thumbing through this thread and I guess my only question would be, Why haven't we, the 4x4 users, teamed up with the quad/bike guys and sled guys more? I see people talk about the money the greenies have to back them. Look at what sledders spend on their sport. I think if we pulled these groups together then e would have a stronger voice. Hell the quad/bike guys use a lot of the same area we do as it is so that part should be easy.

Another thing is look at the public participation the pedal bike guys get. Maybe we need to look at holding more publicly visible events that can draw a crowd. If we can get more people interested in our sport then we can build more backing. Look at all the damn JK's on the road. You can't tell me that at least 20% wouldn't join the sport and lend some type of hand.

The pnw4wda is our main voice. Maybe we need to support them, like them or not, and urge them to join forces with other OHV groups to maybe form a new group. Form a group to cover the interests of all OHV use. I am willing to bet they would get even more backing. They already have to connections, we need to use them.

Cuz the majority of sledders are older, responsible, WORKING folks.

The majority of wheelers are just drunk kids in beaters.

At least thats how they (and the world) sees it.

Kinda bammer, but thats how it is.

Was thumbing through this thread and I guess my only question would be, Why haven't we, the 4x4 users, teamed up with the quad/bike guys and sled guys more? I see people talk about the money the greenies have to back them. Look at what sledders spend on their sport. I think if we pulled these groups together then e would have a stronger voice. Hell the quad/bike guys use a lot of the same area we do as it is so that part should be easy.

Another thing is look at the public participation the pedal bike guys get. Maybe we need to look at holding more publicly visible events that can draw a crowd. If we can get more people interested in our sport then we can build more backing. Look at all the damn JK's on the road. You can't tell me that at least 20% wouldn't join the sport and lend some type of hand.

The pnw4wda is our main voice. Maybe we need to support them, like them or not, and urge them to join forces with other OHV groups to maybe form a new group. Form a group to cover the interests of all OHV use. I am willing to bet they would get even more backing. They already have to connections, we need to use them.

WOHVA . We are already doing this. We need more 4wheelers to join the pnw4wda and make our voice heard. Until we have the membership to compete we will always be behind.

I know allot of sledders who are younger but most belong to an organization of some kind.

I'll get the JK guys out there.

I'll get the FJ guys out there too.

I'm going to a 3 year shore duty in Everett starting in December.

My shore duty in 2007 I either Wheeled or did something Wheeling related (Rallys, winter convention, etc). Every weekend.

Talk to Kim Gunter, she will tell you this is the truth.

I know allot of sledders who are younger but most belong to an organization of some kind.

The majority are older folks. There are younger too, but they tend to be more "adult like" than others.

Ive never seen a drunk kid from south hill rid his old beat up half broken sled to Elbe. EVER.

I do however see your wheeling bros driving smashed up 4x4s full of beer cans ALL THE TIME passing by on the ay to Elbe.

The majority are older folks. There are younger too, but they tend to be more "adult like" than others.

Ive never seen a drunk kid from south hill rid his old beat up half broken sled to Elbe. EVER.

I do however see your wheeling bros driving smashed up 4x4s full of beer cans ALL THE TIME passing by on the ay to Elbe.

So do we just sit back and let that be the stereo type, or do we make an effort to change it? Wheeling can be done cheap, but tends to not be a cheap hobby.

I also know many people under the age of 30 who are into sledding. its not just older folks. The fact that they are seen as "acting older" tells me they are doing something right and maybe those in the wheeling community could take a lesson from then and act better when in the public eye.

WOHVA . We are already doing this. We need more 4wheelers to join the pnw4wda and make our voice heard. Until we have the membership to compete we will always be behind.

Forgot all about WOHVA.

I still feel like more can be done and needs to be done in the form of PR for the wheeling community.

Can't fit a 30 case worth of beer cans on the back of a sled :fawkdancesmiley:. Better to have it in the back of the truck then on the trail so long as it is from the night before and your not driving smashed. And who cares if someones truck is smashed up, that's what happens in this sport, right?

Image and perception are everything. It use to be that the only beat up rigs were fokes that lived in the ..... and in small numbers ( out of the public eye ). Now with the invention of youtube and the web. Multi media and people that think it is there god given right to rip **** up and go where ever they feel like.

It was fun while it lasted.

Has anyone walked the old trail lately and taking any pictures? I would love to see some. I bet it's really overgrown now.