• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Current pics, Old trails - Reiter

Has anyone walked the old trail lately and taking any pictures? I would love to see some. I bet it's really overgrown now.

I haven't been up towards Isabel in a few months but the other trails have almost all been logged and what has not been logged will be getting logged with-in the next 5 years...

I have walked just about every trail but its been a couple years. There is less growth than you would expect..... More than anything old tress and crap that have fallen onto the trails themselfs...

I haven't been up towards Isabel in a few months but the other trails have almost all been logged and what has not been logged will be getting logged with-in the next 5 years...

So they closed the trails down and said we are ****ing them up, then they turnaround 5 years later and log them all? Do I have that right?

So they closed the trails down and said we are ****ing them up, then they turnaround 5 years later and log them all? Do I have that right?

Much of the land DNR manages are tree farms. The money from the trees is given to different public schools. They don't like 4x4s rubbing bark or driving over roots. Silt from trails going into fish bearing streams is a concern for them as well.

Elbe and Tahuya are also tree farms. The 4x4 trails are used for skidded roads at harvest time.

Much of the land DNR manages are tree farms. The money from the trees is given to different public schools. They don't like 4x4s rubbing bark or driving over roots. Silt from trails going into fish bearing streams is a concern for them as well.

Elbe and Tahuya are also tree farms. The 4x4 trails are used for skidded roads at harvest time.

Tahuya is currently being harvested, and has been for a couple years.

Actually it had very little to do with tree damage (although that was one of many factors) it was more to do with all the stream crossings and the massive amount of money it would have taken to build bridges across all of them... Also a big part of old Reiter was on private property... so there are many many issues that lead to Reiter closing but it was a shock to the DNR people on the ground supporting Reiter at the time it closed we were working closely with DNR to mitigate a lot of the concerns/issues and when DNR Olympia told them to close it they did...

The current logging in part is actually to remove the old usage and reset the land. The DNR forester (John) has been working closely with the rec manager (Ben) to preserve and protect the trails as much as possible and trying to locate the leave trees in agreeable areas to hopefully still make the trails enjoyable... we did what we could in the 4x4 area but the new trees will be 10 feet tall before we know it!

Thanks for the reply guys and I appreciate all the work that you guys are putting into the new trails. I need to get out there and run them here soon.

The DNR forester (John) has been working closely with the rec manager (Ben) to preserve and protect the trails as much as possible and trying to locate the leave trees in agreeable areas to hopefully still make the trails enjoyable...

This is the most important outcome of all of this. Two different department managers, who don't really have to give a rip about the other, discussing what is best for the "whole" situation. This is how things used to get done in "the old days".

Love reading this.