• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cutting the stock perch off a waggy 44

gas is on the right

im trying to cut the stock cast perch off the driver side....its cast and looks like its going to be a pain in the ass to scarf off..I wanted to use trail gear spring perchs ...ill take some pictures when I get to work ....

Cut off wheel on your grinder. Should make short work of it.

4.5" grinder works, but if you have a big 7" grinder get a 1/8" cutting disc for it and go to town. Cut sideways into it, then come down on it to slice the pieces off. Finish it off with a standard grinding disc to round it out.

7" grinder makes SHORT work of removing brackets and cleaning up axle housings.... or cutting the welds or a cut-n-turn :awesomework:

grind grind grind-----grind grind grind---get mad walk away---grind grind---hack,cough, get mad walk away---and more grinding..

I found using my sawzall to knock off some big chunks made it go faster and less cast dust in the air...

Yes grind it off!!....unless you have plasma, but you have to be careful cutting with plasma...hard to fawk anything up with a cut off wheel my 0.2

a few years back when i did the waggy frt swap on my YJ i just reused the perch.... i think i had to redrill the center pin hole or something of that sort but it wasnt a big deal. If you really want it gone though grinding and taking ur time to do it right sounds like how id do it

i know pirate has some threads about it just gotta search em out

If all ur wanting to do is move the axle forward!!! Have you concitered making a plate for the bottom of the spring pack with a offset pin? Maybe alot easyer!

If all ur wanting to do is move the axle forward!!! Have you concitered making a plate for the bottom of the spring pack with a offset pin? Maybe alot easyer!

Copy that! iirc allpro sells an axle relocation kit, consisting of a plate with a relocation pin ....check that out

this is sounding better...im pretty handy with a plasma ...but i didn't really want to cut it off if i didn't have to....i might try to build a pin relocation plate...is that ghetto though?

I said fauk it...I just cut it off at lunch today...it was not that bad....and its going to work and look much better with matching perchs....ill take some pictures when its all cleaned up...

thanks for the input guys
:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework: