• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D.O.T beadlocks. What's everyone running? Best brand for the money?

Honestly, real question. Why DOT compliant? Are you worried about legal ramifications?

Some of the nice beadlocks I've seen out now seem to be well built and should balance well, as well as you can depending on the tire. It's about time for me to retire my heavy as hell H1 beadlocks, and while I like to be as legally compliant as I can because mine does see street, I'm not worrying about it on my beadlocks. Maybe I should.

I don't know how they would balance, but my kmc beadlocks have been holding 15psi for about 2 months now.

I have several buddies that DD beadlocks and don't lose air. Most notably, Wyatt on his Dmax had Walkers for years, now on his pothole assassin. My buddy grant has had spyderlocks on his JK for 7 years and has gone through 4 sets of 37's and doesn't have leakdown problems. Both of these first examples are/were driven all over the country to play and have no problems. Only reason Wyatt switched away from BL on his tow rig was he found broken bolts while towing to KOH one year and decided obscure cool points weren't worth losing a ring while towing.

I've ran the Raceline Monsters on a dd Jeep for years. No balancing problems and no air leakage.

Hutchinson double beadlocks are the way to go. They are a tad heavier but you never have to worry about them. We just swapped a JK from AEV beadlocks to Hutchinson after a bolt failure. It only takes loosing a couple bolts at street pressures to peel a ring back.

Pic

Attachments

• C6704742-1FBC-41AF-B86B-7034BA9339CD.jpeg
    C6704742-1FBC-41AF-B86B-7034BA9339CD.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 99