• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

d300 front digs and twin stick

jeremybigs

looking for information on how to make the d300 do front digs and twin sticking. is just twin sticking it all? or is there some grinding to forks or taking balls and springs out or something? any help thanks!

also keep in mind im doing the mad roosters np231 crawl box and clocking it flat and its bolted to a 700r4 to 4.3 v6.

thanks
jeremy

Two interlock pills come out (between the shift rods). The detent balls and springs stay put (springs could be upgraded though). That's about all there is to it.

so is there a site i can read exactly what to do? or see pictures? is it just the pins come out or am i ganna have to take the entire case apart. never touched a d300 so dont know..thanks

jeremybigs said:
so is there a site i can read exactly what to do? or see pictures? is it just the pins come out or am i ganna have to take the entire case apart. never touched a d300 so dont know..thanks

Basic instructions came with my currie twin stick kit. No need to remove the case at all. It was super easy. Don't know if you're just planning on fabbing your own twin sticks or not though...

yeah im ganna make mine the twin stick part is the easy part its the being able to do front digs is what im wondering. crusty said theres a pill to take out im wondering about links or pictures of that.

jeremybigs said:
yeah im ganna make mine the twin stick part is the easy part its the being able to do front digs is what im wondering. crusty said theres a pill to take out im wondering about links or pictures of that.

yOU just remove the plate thats connected to both shift rails and thats it. At least thats all I had to do to mine..

ok som i thinking in the mind set as my sami tcase i guess. but my sami one i had to remove one of three balls then it made the left side do 2rear and 4 and the right side did low beeing at the top neutral middle and high bottum. how does the d300 go left stick is like 2front then 4 then 2 rear? and the other stick is low neutral and high? and the plate on the end of the rods that keep them together is all that keeps it in 2 high 4high 4 low neutral form? sorry im not getting this.

Outside stick is front high/neut/low
Inside stick is high/neut/low

You have to scrap the asain mindset :;

So for low both sticks are forwards(shift rails pushed into the case) and visa versa.. With the dana 300 to get a front dig the rear must be in low range-p-you cannot do front digs in high range.

jeremybigs said:
how does the d300 go left stick is like 2front then 4 then 2 rear? and the other stick is low neutral and high? and the plate on the end of the rods that keep them together is all that keeps it in 2 high 4high 4 low neutral form? sorry im not getting this.
Left stick is rear drive, right stick is front drive. Both sticks work the same, forward is low, center is neutral, rearward is high.

Try not to get one in low and one on high :D

Oops, too slow. It's almost criminaly simple :D

yeah its like learning all over again going to domestic! so no pills or balls to take out then! yeah!

...i like taking my balls with me were ever i go...

Latest posts