• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D300 Hdo?

Cascade_Crawler

With my new setup Ill be running dual D60s and 39s. Stock motor and low gears, I'm considering doing a 231/300 doubler combo as well.

My question is do I really need to upgrade the D300 output?

I wouldn't worry about it, I won't be, but at the same time, if it become's a problem I will upgrade later, no sense holding up wheeling. I would rather wheel as much as possible now, and let it ruin a weekend later on. PM me about the 231 doubler, I have a buddy that had engineered his own and had a shitload made, they are pretty nice and I think he's only looking for about $300 with spud shaft, clocking ring, and adapter.

I did but I also wanted to run 1350 joints in the rear so for me--it made sense to just do the upgrade since I had to replace the yoke anyways--plus I also wanted to tear the case apart so I knew what I had....

Plus I saw trevor break too many out puts...

I did but I also wanted to run 1350 joints in the rear so for me--it made sense to just do the upgrade since I had to replace the yoke anyways--plus I also wanted to tear the case apart so I knew what I had....

Plus I saw trevor break too many out puts...

Trev is the king of breaking dumb parts, multiple 1350 joints, 300 outputs, multiple shock's(fox too), th400's, Dutchman shaft's rear shafts, rim center's, cummin's pickup's, etc.

Trev is the king of breaking dumb parts, multiple 1350 joints, 300 outputs, multiple shock's(fox too), th400's, Dutchman shaft's rear shafts, rim center's, cummin's pickup's, etc.

Ya but you were lucky not to see those dumb parts **** in the early years,lol....

But as darius said its something that could be up-graded later easily--that was my thinking on my front output--wait till it pops then fix it up bigger....

I think I'll hold off for now, that cash can come in handy other places. Darius what size joints are you running in your drivelines?

I upgraded both the front and rear of mine, did I need to do it maybe not but it was apart and the cost was not bad. But the main reason was that I had heard of to many stock ones breaking and would hate to ruin a weekend of wheeling over something that was so easy to fix. just my .02$

I am running 1350's rear and toyota flanges/joints up front with a square drive line. I will be going with a 1350 joints in the front in my buggy. I have broken several toy ujoints both front and rear so will upgrade them.

Oh yeh I run a 231C to d300 and love the gearing and front dig options:cheer: .

Last edited:
I am running 1310, in you're case (short wheelbase, short driveline) a 1350 is not the hot ticket, it doesn't offset like a 1310 or 1410