• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D44 Lock Hubs - Warn, MM, Superwinch....

mark

I need a new set of 19-spline, interanal-style locking hubs (Chevy). The ones I have are junk and I thought I had a set of good ones on my shelf but I can't find them.

I've always run WARN's in the past, and if I found a deal on a a good set of used premiums I'd be all over it. But I haven't seen anything pop up lately.

So I'm going to buy new. Warn's are like $120. However 4WP is having a sale, ending today. I can get Mile Marker premiums for $65 and Superwinch's for $85. Been a while since I've researched them, but I don't actually remember hearing much if anything bad about the MM's or the Superwinch stuff, as only as you got the premium line.

Any feed back? I basicaly have about 8 hours to pull the trigger to save $20 if I got that route.

:beer:

I use the "old school" MM lock-outs that were OEM back in the 70's. They're all metal and have a nice solid engagement feel.

I have a pair on the rig and a pair in my spare kit bag. I swear by 'em.

I have the warn internals in mine now with no issues. on the old jeep I went to the milemarker after breaking several of the warn premiums (external) on the internal ones I didnt see a lot of differance between the brands (mostly metal parts but on the external ones the warns are hafl plastic or alum. and the milemarker wered all steel and brass.

I got some BRAND NEW MM D44 locking hubs for sale here in the south Tacoma area. I believe they are the chrome and brass style ones. If ya miss the sale.

Well where were you earlier!!

I just dropped an order to 4wp. I think its been 6-7 years since I actually bought anything from them. O-well, they are bound to be better than the POS factory ford ones I have on the axle now.