• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

D_max trouble

Those GM codes P060 series with a letter instead of a number for the last digit are for an internal ECM/PCM problem. Could be a reflash to repair or may need a new ECM. Never seen one personally on a DMAX but ive replaced quite a few GM ecms on cars with one of those codes. Not a lot of help I know, but its all I got just from the code and symptom.

If it does end up being a computer problem, I have used these guys several times with good results, they offer a lifetime warranty on
ECMs as well, but dang are diesel computers expensive. They program your vin and mileage so it is plug and play, maybe have to do a key antitheft relearn but that's easy and usually doesn't require anything special.

http://yhst-21854666697846.stores.yahoo.net/silverado-6-6l.html

LBZ's (2006 and 2007) are not common for computers but anything is possible. If he has jump started someone or week batteries it can take out the computers.

wont work said:

Ran the code through identifix today, nothing came up with fixes, but the GM repair manual says this:

Circuit/System Description

These DTCs apply to internal microprocessor integrity conditions within the engine control module (ECM). This diagnostic also addresses if the ECM is not programmed.

The ECM monitors its ability to read and write to the memory. It also monitors a timing function.

P060B
•The ECM detects an incorrect internal analog/digital (A/D) signal for less than 1 second.
•This DTC runs continuously.