• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Da burp cure

Between my tires burping and for some damn reason my H1 beadlocks somehow always getting wood or some **** wedged in between the lock ring and tire causing air loss, I'll ****ing try anything!!!!

It seems like I can't get a days riding in without one or two flat tires on double beadlocked wheels. And yes, I've checked the O-rings, insets, 12-bolt torque, etc. Only happens when I wheel it. Can hold air for days if I street it. Start to flex it at low PSI, bye bye.

customcj7 said:
Between my tires burping and for some damn reason my H1 beadlocks somehow always getting wood or some **** wedged in between the lock ring and tire causing air loss, I'll ****ing try anything!!!!

It seems like I can't get a days riding in without one or two flat tires on double beadlocked wheels. And yes, I've checked the O-rings, insets, 12-bolt torque, etc. Only happens when I wheel it. Can hold air for days if I street it. Start to flex it at low PSI, bye bye.

I put a thick coat of clear silicone around the oring. Let it sit overnight before I put air in it and never had that problem again. When you break them back down the silicone peels right off. Just make sure its 100% silicone.

Re: Re: Da burp cure

jccarter1 said:
Funny story about duct tape on the inner bead I had a set of wire out iroks that only worked at like 3 psi but would de-bead all the time so got tired of messing with it and did 6 rounds of gorilla tape and had to buff down the edge with a flap wheel to get the bead to get started over the rounds of tape long story short it was on there for good I had to use a trackhoe to break down the tires when I got a huge hole in one that i couldn't stuff enough plugs in
I've wondered if you could run a bunch of wraps on both beads, and avoid running beadlocks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

customcj7 said:

Also what inserts are you using?

Re: Re: Da burp cure

paradisepwoffrd said:
I've wondered if you could run a bunch of wraps on both beads, and avoid running beadlocks?

Yes. But you will run into the issues of getting dirt and bark and whatever else in the beads causing them to leak

Forbanger said:
Yes. But you will run into the issues of getting dirt and bark and whatever else in the beads causing them to leak

X2
Outer bead leaks were a problem for me on any setup besides bolt on clamping beadlocks. H1s, inner airlocks, no beadlock, taped rims, bead screws, etc.

Plus needing a trackhoe to break down your tires

A regular tire machine will just stall out or break if you got one to many rounds of tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was understood, but good to point out. I've dealt with the same thing, along with bent lips.

Running 20s seemed to not have as much issue with that, but there were other tradeoffs.

Mine don't tend to burp very often but I've got one, eaton steel 32 bolt, that leaks down in about 3 days and wondered if putting slime in it would help.

xjmarc said:
Mine don't tend to burp very often but I've got one, eaton steel 32 bolt, that leaks down in about 3 days and wondered if putting slime in it would help.

I put some slime in some H1s years ago and I couldn't even air down without totally removing the valve stem and a stick to clear the slime as it went down. So id say yes it would.

That's my next question. How do you air down with slime in there. I have to air mine up from time to time to drive down the road, testing and what not. Would it clog up my deflater or would you just remove the core and hope for the best? I'd think it might just spray the slime out. I'm considering tubes as well but never ran them in a rig that sees single digits.

xjmarc said:
I use a Curry EZ deflator most of the time. I'm afraid it'd get packed full of slime. Guess it's not for me.

I have used those with my slime tires without issue. Maybe it depends on how much slime you install.

I went to purchase slime this am at the local farm and ranch store and the guy there sold me some liquitube premium tire sealant. He swears it wont plug up the valve core, and is more stable better sealer than slime. He said it won gel or clump in the tire. It costs about 2x as much but im going to give it a shot.

I picked up a gallon tonight so if it doesn't rain one day in the next week I'll be putting it in. 20 bucks at Wally world vs 35 at O'Reilly.
574922962e660f88cb237205fbfeb236.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts