• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

So the wife wanted a bow on it. We didn't get a chance to buy one of those BIG ones--so the wife and a couple other friends did one up.

dad511.jpg

So here was my plan. Once my parents got into town my mom was going to call. Once they called we put a tarp on the fron t of the carport so they could not see the car which worked perfectly.

dad512.jpg

Well since my sister could not make it on time we had to wait and we had to keep my dad from seeing the car (he tried but kyle held him off--ha ha).

So we sat him down and blind folded him..

dad513.jpg

Can ya tell he's a camera nut,lol..

dad514.jpg

So we pulled the tarp and the blind fold--. He turned instantly red and didn't quite know what to do or think--it was a perfect moment that made all these months and hard work worth it...

I am going to have video here soon--caught it all on camera.

It was just flat out, well it could not have been ANY better. My dad and mom just walked around the car looking inside and out. He was just a loss of words, ya it was perfect..

dad515.jpg

dad516.jpg

He sat in the drivers seat and asked if I want to go for a ride. I said nope---its your turn..

dad517.jpg

Mom hopped in....

dad518.jpg

dad519.jpg

And off they went to run around the block..

dad520.jpg

Here is very happy dad--I don't think he stopped smiling.

dad521.jpg

Time for some poser shots,lol (I blame the wife).

Me, dad and Don.

dad522.jpg

dad523.jpg

Sure--I'll Don for a ride. I pulled out and acted like I was going to do a burn out--but I was afraid of scattering that 3 speed,lol..

dad524.jpg

Sorry buddy--not yet (my boy kyle).

dad525.jpg

Some more poser shots

dad526.jpg

dad527.jpg

dad528.jpg

So I got the car put back in the shop at 9pm--was a good long day...

So my dad said "ya that tranny is noisey" lol...

So here are the things left.

Rear bumper didn't show up yet and will put that on when we get it.

The fuel guage doesn't work. The sender is bad so monday I am going to try and get the sender out first to make sure the fuel tank is ok before we order a new sender.

The trans is noisey. Going to pull that on monday and disassemble it to see what the next move is--either fix it or find a used one.

The rad still leaks so I think we are going to replace that.

Both horns are dead and my dad was some chrome ones,lol..

So its not done yet but very close..

I have been following this closely. I love it. Hopefully some day i can do the same thing for my dad with his boat.

the gear box is pretty easy to rebuild, id try and find a small parts kit and go at it from there.

Kyle looked real good sitting in that seat.:haha: reminded me when i got my first mustang i was about his age:D

Great job Mike and Don:awesomework:

Its been said to death but GREAT job Mike:awesomework:

Thankls Gavin

bad ass... just bad ass... great job!!! It definitley shows your love for your family.

Thanks Pooh

I have been following this closely. I love it. Hopefully some day i can do the same thing for my dad with his boat.

Thank you. Just make sure you are able to do it before anything happens like in my situation.

the gear box is pretty easy to rebuild, id try and find a small parts kit and go at it from there.

Kyle looked real good sitting in that seat.:haha: reminded me when i got my first mustang i was about his age:D

Great job Mike and Don:awesomework:

Thanks Hippy. Ya I have been into many toy 4 speeds and they are easy so I figure this one should be a piece of cake. Ya my boy is getting big.

So this morning my dad is at the doctors getting another scan done and we should have the preliminary results tonight and all the good info on weds.

So I am out in the shop getting ready to pull the tranny and now that my dad has seen the car I can turn the webcam back on.

http://www.nw-wheelers.com/shopcam/

I've had a couple of 2.77's apart... there isn't much too them. (and the stock 200 in my falcon stripped 7 teeth off of the input..) :haha:

So I got up and got to it. The trans was a piece of cake to pull--didn't even need a jack it was so light.

dad529.jpg

dad530.jpg