• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dad's stang...

Well the more I think about it I am going to look at getting a floor pan panel and just repair it.. I have been doing allot of reading and it looks to be a simple process and we have a tad more time to play with that we thought....

Ive done floor pans in a beetle before and that really wasnt too bad i think it would be a cake walk for ya mike

Mike, you have seen all the sheet metal work I did on my boys Mustang, so If there is anything I can help you with just give me a call.

Torry

Just do eeet. You have a body guy helping out, right?

My brother in law don is doing most of the strip work. But its going to a body guy here in a few weeks..

Mike, you have seen all the sheet metal work I did on my boys Mustang, so If there is anything I can help you with just give me a call.

Torry

Thanks torry will do...

and thanks everybody else.........:cool:

Here is an update. After Don's buddy who is going to do the body/paint work looked it over don went and pulled the doors off because they are no good. At that point don started stripping more areas that we could not get on the body with the doors on.

dad40.jpg

dad41.jpg

The door shell itself is toast--just too much rust in them to try and repair them. So now we are on the hunt for a good replacement set and they also reproduce them but are kinda spendy so we are trying to figure out what to do there.

dad42.jpg

dad43.jpg

I got the freeze plugs popped out. The lower 5 were not in too bad of shape and didn't pop thru when I knocked them out. The top 4 smaller ones were just toast as every one I popped a hole in it removing.

dad44.jpg

dad45.jpg

Unfortunately I had one small one turn installing(they were very difficult to do) so I will have to grab another one tommorow. But the rest are in/done.

dad46.jpg

I got his new tires mounted and ballanced at work today. I just gotta clean them up so you can see the white walls (what he wanted).

dad47.jpg

How's the trunk lid on it???? I've got a pretty nice one that was an extra I got when we bought ours....:corn:

How's the trunk lid on it???? I've got a pretty nice one that was an extra I got when we bought ours....:corn:

We have 2 oth them :redneck: The origional one was pretty bad so we have the spare stripped and ready :awesomework:

We have 2 oth them :redneck: The origional one was pretty bad so we have the spare stripped and ready :awesomework:

:awesomework: Just checkin'---kinda hopin' I could've donated it to help make space in my shed!!!:redneck: