• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Daily driver MT tire options?

Okay guys seriously, i'm freakishly surprised no one's mentioned the Truxs MT, leans more towards mud then all-terrain, but with good road manners, and I've heard nothing but great things about how they perform in the ice and snow.

Okay guys seriously, i'm freakishly surprised no one's mentioned the Truxs MT, leans more towards mud then all-terrain, but with good road manners, and I've heard nothing but great things about how they perform in the ice and snow.

You've heard.... How about personal experience?

I presently have 35" MTR's on my rig and love them. I don't think they wear as well as some leading all-terrains, but what-ev. Why wouldn't you consider them for an offroad tire? I love them. Better than the Toyos offroad. MTR's stick to almost anything! Only complaint is deep mud. Rocks, snow, roots/mud, awesome...

I loved my BFG muds. I put about 50k on them, sold them to a buddy who put about 20k on them, and they still had about 10-15% tread! They were quiet, well-mannered, awesome in the snow and ice, wet roads, etc. They were not as "sticky" as the MTR's, and that is why I thought they last longer...

I have HEARD pretty good things about the TRUXS muds, as well.

Oh, and I have F&R lockers. Both the BFG adn MTR have held up well, respectively.

I presently have 35" MTR's on my rig and love them. I don't think they wear as well as some leading all-terrains, but what-ev. Why wouldn't you consider them for an offroad tire? I love them. Better than the Toyos offroad. MTR's stick to almost anything! Only complaint is deep mud. Rocks, snow, roots/mud, awesome...

I loved my BFG muds. I put about 50k on them, sold them to a buddy who put about 20k on them, and they still had about 10-15% tread! They were quiet, well-mannered, awesome in the snow and ice, wet roads, etc. They were not as "sticky" as the MTR's, and that is why I thought they last longer...

I have HEARD pretty good things about the TRUXS muds, as well.

Oh, and I have F&R lockers. Both the BFG adn MTR have held up well, respectively.
I am pretty much decided on the MTR's. I wouldn't run them offroad..well...just ask Shane :haha: They suck in slick mud and didn't really care for them in the snow watching someone else wheel with them. The toyos are an awesome snow tire because of the width but I want to get something narrower and a little cheaper for mostly onroad use. I am going to run 39.5 Iroks in the snow/trails.

I haven't seen the TRXUS MT's personally but I had heard they are only good for 25-30k miles...about the same as my Toyos