• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Damn new truck fever

I put 5,506.6 miles on my 05 LLY duramax the past 2 weeks, it has 186,000 miles now. I love that truck. Only complaint was it would get sluggish after about 8 hrs of 75-80 mph interstate driving, but when you stopped for fuel it would wake back up. I got Cole's old Egr block plate and put it on, guess we will see if it was a Egr issue causing it to get sluggish.

leeman1790 said:
I put 5,506.6 miles on my 05 LLY duramax the past 2 weeks, it has 186,000 miles now. I love that truck. Only complaint was it would get sluggish after about 8 hrs of 75-80 mph interstate driving, but when you stopped for fuel it would wake back up. I got Cole's old Egr block plate and put it on, guess we will see if it was a Egr issue causing it to get sluggish.
you have to put the fingerstick in for the computer after blocking it off? blocked dads off and everynow and then it will spit a code... we have the fingerstick but never put it in.

xjkrawler said:
you have to put the fingerstick in for the computer after blocking it off? blocked dads off and everynow and then it will spit a code... we have the fingerstick but never put it in.

No codes for me yet. I've heard it's pretty hit or miss. If your truck was made at a certain plant you don't need it, if it was made somewhere else it will trip a code.

Had a 01 dmax loved it. Bought a 07 classic and it sucked. It got 8 mpg towing and got 12 mpg with nothing behind it. Added a diablo tuner and it came alive, now i get about 16 mpg around town and 22 mpg on the highway and about 12 to 13 mpg towing my jeep. Just dropped $1500 buck on repairing cheap ass steering components, Gm could have done better on the front end. Other than the front end its a great truck.

B.DRAKE said:
Had a 04 that I absolutely positively without a freakin doubt hated it!!! Was the biggest piece of **** motor I have ever owned

sounds like a personal problem to me?

JeepTrash said:
repairing cheap ass steering components, Gm could have done better on the front end. Other than the front end its a great truck.

aint that the truth....

InDaShop said:
they **** and get dont they? like aint nothing behind 'em!!!

got that right and there comfortable as hell!!!! heck the new ones even gots air conditioned seats for my swamp ass!

jtreeves1 said:
sounds like a personal problem to me?

Yeah - the 07 classic I had was a BIG personal problem - I feel his pain. Nothing worse than a truck with 25,000 miles on it that is a big shitter.

InDaShop said:
they **** and get dont they? like aint nothing behind 'em!!!

I agree - I have owned 3 cummins trucks and this 11 duramax I have out pulls any cummins I have owned any day :****:

My 06 dmax is the best truck I've owned. Weighs 12k and pulls my gn trailer all across the country only prob has been alternator and water pump. I'm at 177k and haven't even touched the front end.

J.A.B said:
Yeah - the 07 classic I had was a BIG personal problem - I feel his pain. Nothing worse than a truck with 25,000 miles on it that is a big shitter.

Same here. owned an '02, and '07 and own an '06. That '07 was a pile, it would go into limpmode all the damn time, and it was stock stock stock. It wouldnt pull nearly as hard as my '06 and I felt like i had to baby it to keep it out of limp.