• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Damn new truck fever

All you guys with Duramaxs if you don't have EFI live you are missing out. I have had several programmers and just got EFI live and wow it's like driving a new truck. It runs so much smoother and makes good power. I even have a turbo break in my tow tune. I highly recommend it.

I had new truck fever. Then I found a Dodge dealer and took home a 3500 drw crew cab laramie with the 800ft lb motor, no doubt the nicest truck I've ever been in.

Travis said:
I had new truck fever. Then I found a Dodge dealer and took home a 3500 drw crew cab laramie with the 800ft lb motor, no doubt the nicest truck I've ever been in.
i saw the money burnign a hole in your pocket, knew it was going to escape quick like :flipoff1: Congrats on the new ride.

Cole, yes absolutely. A buddy of ours from KC did my '06 when we were all out at KOH '10. Talk about a different truck! And we used my then dash mounted Lowrance to calibrate my speedo, and then it really set everything up nicely on the shifts, the break for turbo, etc... I couldnt believe how it livened up what I thought was a fast truck.

Cole said:
All you guys with Duramaxs if you don't have EFI live you are missing out. I have had several programmers and just got EFI live and wow it's like driving a new truck. It runs so much smoother and makes good power. I even have a turbo break in my tow tune. I highly recommend it.

Man I just swish I could get it for mine - only thing out there really is the H & S tuner. It will delete DPF and DEF but I hate to void my warranty with 9,000 miles on the truck.

I hear the EFI Live guys just wont touch the computer int eh 11 models

Cole said:
Cole, what kinda fuel mileage are you getting with EFI Live? :dunno:

xjkrawler said:
damn cole you launched hard! good thing youve got that ifs beefed.

id like to upgrade to a lower mileage 06dmax with efilive

Yeah if I didn't have the kryptonite steering I wouldn't have launched it like that. The bigger center link and tie rods make it launch good and straight

B Gillespie said:
After driving Wyatt's dmax plumbing truck, pulling a big enclosed, I am CONVINCED.
for only having a K&N filter, 4" Edlebrock Catback, and a low level EFIlive tune, that '06 flat hauls.

Picked up a Dmax myself and would never look back. I am sitting on 37 inch tires and get around 16-18 MPG. Between that and the towing ability, I am completely sold. It gets better gas mileage than the little 4.2 liter inline 6 that my trailblazer had and has double the HP and almost quadruple the torque.

pheany said:
Picked up a Dmax myself and would never look back. I am sitting on 37 inch tires and get around 16-18 MPG. Between that and the towing ability, I am completely sold. It gets better gas mileage than the little 4.2 liter inline 6 that my trailblazer had and has double the HP and almost quadruple the torque.
How's that 07 workin out for you? Seems like most on here didn't care much for there 07.

InDaShop said:
a K&N filter

We haven't had good luck with K&N's on the diesel work trucks. I switched to giant Donaldson filters (14L Cummins application, same 4" inlet dia. as the K&N's & 12-14" long) a while back with much better performance, longevity, and lower EGT's. The big dumb dually would suck the K&N inside out, and we were having to clean them at least every ~5k mi. Getting about 25-40k out of the Donaldson stuff, depending on location/dust. Tons of idle time on our rigs too since all the buckets run clutch pumps.