• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DAMN THEIVES

Demo Steve

I live just outside of STL and leave my truck at a commuter lot 4 days a week. Yesterday we get back to the lot and as i am walking over to my truck i see one of my screwdrivers laying on the ground. I already know that is not a good sign. I look and see the weather stripping hanging out of my toolbox. I don't keep much in there anyways just in case this would happen, but they got a pair of work gloves, some misc harbor freight hand tools, jumper cables, hydraulic jack, turn over ball, and reciever. Left all the nice heavy duty ratchet straps and the nudey calendar? Get in my truck to fire it up and it is louder than the 4th of july. Get out and look underneith and they cut the exhaust off from the cats back. So frustrating. Now i will be worried about them coming back again. None of the other guys had anything stolen from their vehicles.

That sucks! Any security cameras at the lot? Although it probably wouldn't matter much as the resolution on those things seems to render them damn near useless.

Damn, that sucks man. At least they didn't take your truck but still sucks. Did they get the cat too or just the exhaust? Back around 06 there where some folks that where cutting the cats out of cars in and around Murfreesboro tn, hell they had a min van set up to work out of ( had saws and cutting torches inside) but as I reminder they got busted. Said they where getting them because they have some high value metal I them.

Sadly its easier to steal than to work for a living, feed em lead!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG_Country said:
Damn, that sucks man. At least they didn't take your truck but still sucks. Did they get the cat too or just the exhaust? Back around 06 there where some folks that where cutting the cats out of cars in and around Murfreesboro tn, hell they had a min van set up to work out of ( had saws and cutting torches inside) but as I reminder they got busted. Said they where getting them because they have some high value metal I them.

I think they done that all over back then. Done it a lot around where I live in NE AL. I remember hearing several stories of cats being cut off in walmart parking lot and various other surrounding places.

Punkin85 said:
That sucks! Any security cameras at the lot? Although it probably wouldn't matter much as the resolution on those things seems to render them damn near useless.

Wrong, you will have to pay for good quality cameras.

KPatterson said:
Wrong, you will have to pay for good quality cameras.
Exactly. I installed some 8 megapixel 360s in a housing project in Nashville and I can zoom in from 300 feet plus and see freckles. You get what you pay for with CCTV.

There is a utility company right across the road that does have a camera, but it didn't screen out far enough to see my truck. It did catch a silver looking cavilier pulling into the lot with two mexican looking fellas in it. You couldn't see the plates though or where they went to. Don't know if it was them or not. I would say they used a recipricating saw cause they were nice clean cuts. Yes, they got the converter. Hwy patrol said it is pretty common especially on trucks cause they are easier to get to. Did some more looking tonight and realized they got two receivers, roll of duct tape, and a new box of shop towels.

Nhl, it was sitting at the commuter lot off of exit 1C, the propect rd exit off of 64. Heck, you could throw a rock to the middle of the interstate from where it was sitting. I asked the officer what the chances of it happening again if i bring my truck back and he said better than winning the lottery. Sounds like i will be doung something different from now on.

Can't stand ****ing thieves. Thats the reason i only keep junk tools in my tool box. Just enough to fix something minor in the parking lot. Sorry dude.

Did you leave it overnight? That's not a bad area. I'm just down 70 at Foristell and have left my truck at the commuter lot there with no problems. Of course ya got Foristell cops running around there writing tickets all day and night.

I have never left it there over night. I have left it in the Element church parking lot over night a couple times with no problem. We left our commuter van at the lot one night and it got vandalized. All 4 tires were slashed. We hadn't even had the van a month. Decided right then i would never leave my personal vehicle there ovet night. I am in foristell too ;)

TacomaJD said:
I think they done that all over back then. Done it a lot around where I live in NE AL. I remember hearing several stories of cats being cut off in walmart parking lot and various other surrounding places.

Just a couple of years ago, the local Toyota dealer in Anniston couldn't sell you a new truck because a crew went in one night and cut the cats off every Tacoma and tundra on the lot. They were back ordered and because of federal emissions laws, they obviously couldn't sell you one and then let you bring it back when they came in stock. They now have a security guard.