• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 300 to toyota 8"

rockmike

What are you guys useing to convert the dana 300 output to a toyota driveline.

basicly using the dana 300 t case and have toy 8" housings and I have toy drivelines I want to use.

Any suggestions.

I havnt found a conversion u-joint in precicsion brand,does spicer do the conversion joint?

Or do we have to buy the high dollar flange conversion?

Appreciate your help and advice.

I remember seeing D300-toy yolks/flanges when I was looking into that t case. +/- $100.00 IIRC

Last edited:

basicly using the dana 300 t case and have toy 8" housings and I have toy drivelines I want to use.

Any suggestions.

I havnt found a conversion u-joint in precicsion brand,does spicer do the conversion joint?

High angle and inchworm both have the flanges. They are the same ones for a dana 44, 26 spline I think it is. Inchworm flanges are sweet, triple or quad drilled too.

Any suggestions.

Don't screw around with silly conversion joints. As mentioned high angle has them--ran them back in the day on my 44 when I had it...

or...

weld on the right yoke to the upper half of your driveshaft.

The Hi Angle flanges are nice if you want to spend the $.

or...

weld on the right yoke to the upper half of your driveshaft.

The Hi Angle flanges are nice if you want to spend the $.

When compared to like any other yoke you have to buy---your only talking like 40-50$ more. In the big picture its not really that much more...

When compared to like any other yoke you have to buy---your only talking like 40-50$ more. In the big picture its not really that much more...

I'm assuming his d300 has yokes... so he could cut off junkyard yokes from an old shaft and weld them on his new one.

First--everything square--I don't like out of round junk. Second---welding...

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but if you look at Mikes build thread that isn't a problem at all... He has the tools and skill to do it with no issue, it's just way easier and faster to call up inchworm and get 2 sweet flanges in the mail a week later. :D

Oh and to those suggesting he make a hybrid shaft I guess you missed the "basicly using the dana 300 t case and have toy 8" housings and I have toy drivelines I want to use." part in the first post? :;

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but if you look at Mikes build thread that isn't a problem at all... He has the tools and skill to do it with no issue, it's just way easier and faster to call up inchworm and get 2 sweet flanges in the mail a week later. :D

Oh and to those suggesting he make a hybrid shaft I guess you missed the "basicly using the dana 300 t case and have toy 8" housings and I have toy drivelines I want to use." part in the first post? :;

One thing for joe blow to do it--if you have the proper tooling then it should not be an issue.

I was hoping to just buy somthing to convert the drive shaft.I could mod out some drivelines or build some flanges.Im busy right now designing and building the adapter for the nv3550 to fit the 2.3l ford bellhousing.Proving to be as tough as I thought to make these fit up and have that trans input line up with the crank pilot bushing.

So yeah,I build the trans adapter(cause nobody makes this) I think Ill call inchworm.

Thanks guys.

i got mine from high angle driveline and they worked great it saved me time and money in the long run cause I reused my toyota drivelines:;

Im getting that single one from Grama,ill order up another.You bet Sarge,saves me some time and hassel and I can have just a normal type driveline,could save my arse someday up in the woods not having some bastard type driveline.As far as finding replacement stuff from freinds or other campers.Weve all packed up a bunch of beer and cash and have gone camp ground shopping when where broke up in the woods.

Thanks for the input guys.