• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 Balljoint knuckles

caglezxj

The buggy I am building has a balljoint 60. The only downside to this is the non high steer knuckle. Well I was doing some searching and come to find out there is a Ford Dana 60 Balljoint Knuckle with modified high steer. I don't know if it is worth it or not. But the site I found these on said out of stock. Anyone know who makes them?

1423_image.jpg

Just my opinion but seems like for what that would cost you could nearly upgrade the inners to kingpin :dunno:

Yeah Dynatrac has them but they don't swap in for the stock oem unless they have changed it. And yes I could swap knuckles all together but that would cost about 1500.00 when said and done. These had a price tag of 850.00 but maybe I could find them cheaper. I could also buy a Ford 60 with king pins for around 800.00 but then I would have to get all new axles as I am sure the ball joint and king pin use different shafts. I might not do anything but it is just an idea if I could find them.

Let me stand corrected. Dynatrac does offer them. They are 700.00 for both sides off the site and I am sure if I can find a dealer I can get some a little cheaper. I believe that will solve my high steer problems later on down the road.

You can machine the stock balljoint knuckles to accept a dana 44 steering arm, that is how dynatrac does theirs. I would machine a keyway in it and rock on.

im running a ford balljoint 60 without high steer, im like you kinda to expensive right now id run like it is if you have any problems then change it. so far so good for me.

Travis said:
You can machine the stock balljoint knuckles to accept a dana 44 steering arm, that is how dynatrac does theirs. I would machine a keyway in it and rock on.
X2, I was on this route but decided to sell my BJ60 and get a kingpin before I got too deep.

i have a dynatrac 60 with that setup, pretty nice imo. i have a 250 gift cert from then that i got at koh, just cant find the thing. i would sell u that if they would honor it... mine use stock chevy outers, hubs and brakes.

I'm at that decision point, I have 2 for HP's and will use one in my new rig. one is KP, one BJ. I keep looking at the bj knuckle and how high the stock steering point is on it. Why not just run it where it is and its plenty friggin high on top of it. I generally steer on teh bottom of high steer arms lately for the uptravel anyway. This puts me in the same spot and most say its stronger. No neutral ackerman, but maybe I want stock ackerman for going fast anyway.
Idon't want to sell the KP and then regret it later, but I don't need to sit on 2 friggin axles either.