• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 60 rear from a ford ?????

tennessee_4x4_man

can you guys tell me what year trucks mid 70s or 80s has a dana 60 rear full floter axel to match up with a chevy dana 60 frount wheel mount with on frount is 69.5 i can all way use spacers on back if i can get it close 14 bolt rears are 67 inchs wide wounting to run a dana 60 for more ground clearence but i have no idea what years to look for i dont know **** about fords

Y a 60 ?? They have 30 spline axle shafts, when ur 60 front has 35 spline shafts not to mention front has .500 tube and 60 rears are .250,.375 tubes

I would invest in a 70 rear twice as strong 32 or 35 spline shafts or a dana 80 there pretty cheap

Most food truck vans or work type trucks their pretty much everywhere and cheap have 70s drw and use srw hubs on them ..hope that helps you Fred

helps thannks eddy i found a chart but god dam fords are ****ed up 1.000.000 difrent types axels i just think i use a 14 bolt chevy very simple and easy

Attachments

• Dana60axleshaftsSemifloating_.gif
    Dana60axleshaftsSemifloating_.gif
    131.2 KB · Views: 116
Good choice, They have a cover that's not a shave kit but just a cover that gives u 1" of clearance
Barnes4wd there 150.00

tennessee_4x4_man said:
helps thannks eddy i found a chart but god dam fords are ****ed up 1.000.000 difrent types axels i just think i use a 14 bolt chevy very simple and easy

What about a 10.25? Came in Ford 3/4 and 1ton trucks from something like 85-97. 35 spline axles, Dana 60ish clearance, 10.25" ring gear.

If you have to go 60 look into late 90's vans. 8-6.5" pattern and they are supposed to have bigger spindles to allow for 35 spline shafts. Internet info so confirm before throwing out the cash.

i was woundering about that 10.5 i found one in a mid 80s 3/4 i pretty shure its the sterling axel guy wounts 250$ but i dont know much about them i not familer with fords not saying person cant use there stuff some of it is ok

tennessee_4x4_man said:
can you guys tell me what year trucks mid 70s or 80s has a dana 60 rear full floter axel to match up with a chevy dana 60 frount wheel mount with on frount is 69.5 i can all way use spacers on back if i can get it close 14 bolt rears are 67 inchs wide wounting to run a dana 60 for more ground clearence but i have no idea what years to look for i dont know **** about fords

Rear axles are designed to be narrower than fronts for a reason (turning radius), don't try to match widths. Typical full-width rear is ~66" while a front is ~69".

That all being said forget looking for a rear 60 and just get a 14 bolt and be done.

tennessee_4x4_man said:
i was woundering about that 10.5 i found one in a mid 80s 3/4 i pretty shure its the sterling axel guy wounts 250$ but i dont know much about them i not familer with fords not saying person cant use there stuff some of it is ok

A 10.5 would be from a superduty and have factory discs, but also the 8x170 bp.

A 10.25 from an 80's truck wouldn't be a bad choice, the biggest issue is that until 93, they used a short spline pinion yoke, so when you regear you'd have to buy a long spline yoke.
Personally I like the sterlings, better stength than a 60, without the clearance penalty of a 14bolt.

If you don't mind driving to Lebanon or Smyrna you can go to the pull n save and pretty much get any rear 60, 70, 80, 14 bolt for $90.

Gotta pull it with hand tools or battery powered stuff though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tennessee_4x4_man said:
nick shoot me the address of them places if you dont mind

http://www.expresspullnsave.com/

You can check inventory of vehicles they have too. They won't be able to tell you what parts are on the vehicles though. There is always a decent selection of useable one ton rears. Lots of 3/4t vans too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk