• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60 wander???

shane416ex

So I put all one ton gear under my 79 toyota shorty, took it for a first drive and never got up to 30mph and the thing takes off to the right, i grab it, then takes off the the left. I have to fight it like crazy just to keep it on the road. I don't know much about the dana 60's yet because this is my first one. The truck has new leafs and an ifs box with crossover, but I want to know if this might be a kingpin problem and if so how hard and expensive would this be? Any help would be great.

Last edited:
What did you do for steering parts? did you pull the knuckles aparts and inspect stuff? what about caster angle?

Could be caused by a lot of things.

You bolted it all up without checking the caster angle? Were the perches already in place?

Did you set the toe?

Are you building it to wheel or drive? With a chev front in a lifted 1st gen toy the front shaft angle is horrible. Without turning the knuckles your ****ed.

Its hard to pose when you cant drive it.:haha:

Its hard to wheel it when it wont hold a shaft.:haha:

The only way to have your cake and eat it too is kinda expensive.:booo:

Are you building it to wheel or drive? With a chev front in a lifted 1st gen toy the front shaft angle is horrible. Without turning the knuckles your ****ed.

Its hard to pose when you cant drive it.:haha:

Its hard to wheel it when it wont hold a shaft.:haha:

The only way to have your cake and eat it too is kinda expensive.:booo:
Some people like their rigs to be able to do both. It's not that hard to get the caster set and have a good pinion angle. Just a cut and turn of the knuckles

Some people like their rigs to be able to do both. It's not that hard to get the caster set and have a good pinion angle. Just a cut and turn of the knuckles

Kinda sounds like thats what the Asshole was talking about:haha::fawkdancesmiley:

Maybe add a pan-hard bar? But what do I know..Iam just a dumb uni-body jeep guy:rolleyes: