• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

dana 60??

97trxuszj

I have a HD d60 FF 65" wms-wms, I was wondering what you guys would recomend. build it up with 30spl stuff, or bore the spindles and run 35spl? I was told boring the spindles will weaken the spindles. I plan on running no bigger than 40" tires on my ZJ 5000 lb rig

you could cut the ff ends off and weld on some Big bearing 9 ends to it and make it semi float and 35 spline axles.

You could also hack the spindles off and run 14-bolt FF outers. They're 35 spline. 14-bolt stuff should be easy to get for cheap.

Best bet is to probably make it a semi float like stated above but borring it is fine too. If it's done right borring makes it the same size/ thickness as a factory 35 spline setup.

Call Dean at Bent Metal Customs. 253-222-4890

ON my d60 rear, he put big bearing ends on, and I'm running 40 spline axles (semi-float)

On a lot of other housings, he's transplanted on the outers from a GM14 bolt, so that the spindles are larger.

He can also bore out your existing spindles - if that's what you want.

And he's affordable. Tell him you were referred by Tony Fox

Dean does good work...He almost had me talked into running the 40spl stuff, just didn't want to have to convert the front to 6 lug to match the 40spl stuff.

I am going to be running one the d60/14bolt hybrids that dean Built for me.:awesomework:

Latest posts