• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dana 60's or a9 inch?

so if i was to go junk yard 60's what would you look for? i no the dodge 60 fronts had some sort of vacum hub?and i no i don't want that, but other than that what would i be looking for, i want passenger side drop

so if i was to go junk yard 60's what would you look for? i no the dodge 60 fronts had some sort of vacum hub?and i no i don't want that, but other than that what would i be looking for, i want passenger side drop

here you go james, read up bro.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/60_front/

Chevy 60 is the way to go, unless you want to retube a ford HP. FWIW fords are the only HP 60s

Then you don't wanna know what I have into my front end :redneck:

damn im just used to the yota. i thought it got expensive when i broke ****:mad: ... what is best set of 60's you can buy complete, tera, or dynatrac? any others? i want to do it right the first time, so i may be willing to spend the cash for a pair set up 60's... what are you guys running for axles, gears, lockers, and shafts how much do you have rapped up?

damn im just used to the yota. i thought it got expensive when i broke ****:mad: ... what is best set of 60's you can buy complete, tera, or dynatrac? any others? i want to do it right the first time, so i may be willing to spend the cash for a pair set up 60's... what are you guys running for axles, gears, lockers, and shafts how much do you have rapped up?

I think its like $12,000 for a pair of setup pro-rocks shipped :D

I love mine and haven't had a single problem (rear is 3 years old--front is over a year old)

Is this for a trail rig? Just get some JY 60's, you're over thinking it......The ones you need to look for is one that's straight.:awesomework:

Is this for a trail rig? Just get some JY 60's, you're over thinking it......The ones you need to look for is one that's straight.:awesomework:
$1000-$1500 should get you a Chevy 60/14B combo locally.

Add gears and lockers to suite, upgrade as you break stuff.

now if I would just take my own advice.
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER BUTANE

Last edited:
I just got done doing a 60/14 swap.

Front is a 78' Ford, F250, HP Dana 60 - $1350 (complete from a Junk Yard)

Rear is a Mid 80's Chevy 14 Bolt - $90 (Craigs List)

Dove,
Why do you want to spend so much on new stuff? money to burn?

They are nice for sure but, are you building a show truck?

I know mike didnt dump 12k on his front and rear.. I'm assuming he got a killer deal on center sections and pieces them together himself or had S&N put them together? At half the cost.

But when all said and done used centers are just as good as new, just the bling factor?

Put the extra cash into suspension...

Not to mention I break 60's and there cheap to replace

:cool: just rambling :D

I know mike didnt dump 12k on his front and rear.. I'm assuming he got a killer deal on center sections and pieces them together himself or had S&N put them together? At half the cost.

Not $12k thats for sure--he asked what they would cost to have them done/shipped,lol. I did every piece on mine except the tubes/ rear already had tubes and the front was just a center--had S&N make the tubes and I installed every piece....

Not $12k thats for sure--he asked what they would cost to have them done/shipped,lol. I did every piece on mine except the tubes/ rear already had tubes and the front was just a center--had S&N make the tubes and I installed every piece....

As long as you made that clear :haha: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

I just got done doing a 60/14 swap.

Front is a 78' Ford, F250, HP Dana 60 - $1350 (complete from a Junk Yard)

Rear is a Mid 80's Chevy 14 Bolt - $90 (Craigs List)

Same swap on my 4 runner 1986 chevy 60 ....$1000 (no exuses)
14 bolt rear ..... $100 (Odie)

hell, i sold a chevy 60 front and a 30 spline 60 rear 2 years ago for 1400 bucks...

running a hp44front/9 inch rear now.

less weight. 60 rear had smaller axles...

hell, i sold a chevy 60 front and a 30 spline 60 rear 2 years ago for 1400 bucks...

running a hp44front/9 inch rear now.

less weight. 60 rear had smaller axles...

no one runs stock rear 60 axles.. new 1.5" 35 spline are only 85 bucks each

if you want to shave weight, axles are not the place to start?

So would a '79 Ford F250 camper special have a HP60 front and what rear? Or did it have a 44 in the front?

There is a whole truck on CL for 2G's that probably could be parted to regain some of the cash

Latest posts