• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DD/wheeler tire options?

The MT/R's do run small. It's not terrible like a Bogger but they're a little small.

The new BFG KM2's do not have bead protecters.

Why not fix the problem and get some beadlocks?
beadlock 33s? that would make me uber cool and hardcore. :redneck: beadlocks are on the list, but not for a while. plus, its still a DD. anyone ever been hassled about having beadlocks on the road?

do MTRs run small? so small that i would need to buy 37s to get a 35" measurement? i think i remember you saying something about that when we were talking about ashtons runner.

yes. my 40's are 39.9" unmounted.:haha:

go with the MTRs... they last forever on the street. one of my friends has a set of 37s that were handed down to him after a couple years of use, and both have street driven them, and they still have plenty of life in them.:awesomework:

oh and they hold a bead like a mo-fo.

Last edited:
i am in the same perdicamint as you... i have been doing alot of research on this, i have looked at 15 differant options for my DD/WW i have a set of
truxx's M/T's on my DD and they are very road worthy, i was told they would last atleast 30K ,but only being 31's they don't see much off road, but none the less i think they are a great tire. i personally have no idea how they wheel and i have never seen anyone running them other than in pictures.. i am still not sure what tire's and wheels i am going to run.:rolleyes: does anyone no if you can get a 37 MTR in a 17?

When you talk about handling, traction and wear. Its TOTALLY dependant on what rig their on.

A buddy of mine has 37" Toyo mud terrains on his jeep. That tire is relatively stiff and has hard rubber. When he's climbing over roots you can see the tread slip almost like there is silicone or oil on them; its weird to watch. They just won't grab. Put that same exact tire on a one ton Dodge (close to 6000 lbs empty) and you will see something totally differant; it would be a perfect match for that truck and the Dodge owner would rave about how great they are.

My jeep has MTR's, (3500 lbs gross, similar to a Toyota truck). MTR's are soft and flexy and they work incredibly well on that rig. They grab roots like their spiked. If they slip, they actually start to squeek and howl. Thats traction! In snow, no slip. However, put those tire on a heavy, more powerful rig and the owner will bitch about tread wear and probably traction.

A 35" MTR, mounted on a TOTOTA, inflated low for proper foot print on the street (18-25 PSI), should give you 50,000.

(My old toyota had 31" BFG all terrains and went 65,000 = no weight on um')

beadlock 33s? that would make me uber cool and hardcore. :redneck: beadlocks are on the list, but not for a while. plus, its still a DD. anyone ever been hassled about having beadlocks on the road?

Nobody will give you **** about beadlocks.

If you got beadlocks, you would stop getting crap in the beads. That is the ONLY reason I got beadlocks. It didn't matter what tires I was running, I still got crap in the beads, Leading to bead farts and slow leaks.

So I got the 'locks and have had ZERO problems since then.

Best $200 I ever spent.

And for the record, the tires that gave me the least amount of problems ( I Ran BFG at's and MT's, 33 X 10.50 Radial swampers, and now my Creepys.)

The TSL's had the best "crap in the bead" resistance.

I have a tire that has lasted 60,000 miles, never gone flat, never lost a bead, drives excellent, never pulls, never grabs ruts, never gets stuck, doesnt howl, looks cool. it can handle the mall, the hiway, dirt roads, rocks, snow, mud, even sand. its my spare tire, I have never used it:fawkdancesmiley:

go buy some fawkin tires and run em, if you dont like them sell em and try some others.:masturbanana[1]:

theres a reason swamper has been around so long. and theres a season all these other tire companies make a new tire every two years, cuz the old **** sux. buy a tire that has been around forever, not one that is still trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
Nobody will give you **** about beadlocks.

If you got beadlocks, you would stop getting crap in the beads. That is the ONLY reason I got beadlocks. It didn't matter what tires I was running, I still got crap in the beads, Leading to bead farts and slow leaks.

So I got the 'locks and have had ZERO problems since then.

Best $200 I ever spent.
only $200? ****, that aint bad. i will look into that.

only $200? ****, that aint bad. i will look into that.

I believe thats the DIY rings, there a great deal and there are many shops around here that will weld them for you for anywhere from $10 to $40 a rim . . . . Thats my next purchase!!! But i can weld so thats why I'm getting them instead of the premade locks

I believe thats the DIY rings...
I'm in the same boat looking for beadlocks, but for a DD, I don't think it's the way to go, to say nothing of the weld-ons not being street legal..

As to tires, try some 35x12.50 Interco Trxus. I've put 17,000 miles on mine and they still have 70% tread. Best tire I've EVER seen in the snow, much better than an MT/R in the mud and damn near as good on rocks.

Plus they're MUCH quieter on the street and have better manners on wet pavement. And they're dirt cheap. I'm moving up from my 34x12.50s to 35's next week because I'm bored and I can't find a better tire for what I do. I just don't want to run 17" wheels that the KM2's currently require.

-----Matt-----

I've been running Cooper Discoverer STT's for a while now. Mixed street and off road. They've done great for me in everything I've thrown at them. Mud, Snow, Rocks, Roots, etc... I don't typically run aired down, so can't say much as far as their resistance to crap in the beads.

tires

I run the MT/R''s in 33/12.50 15's and they have been pretty good all around tires. I do have the center lugs sipped and and that really helped with wet and icy traction on the road and wet traction on the rocks. I think the 35's have more space between the lugs than the 33's so they should be even better in the mud.

i'm leaning towards the MTR, but someone mentioned that the KM2 doesnt have the rim protector. i know there is a set of KM2s at discount tire on 99, so i think i will take a look at those next time i get a chance. i wont be buying tires for a while yet, tho. i still have lots of miles left on the ones i have.

i'm leaning towards the MTR, but someone mentioned that the KM2 doesnt have the rim protector. i know there is a set of KM2s at discount tire on 99, so i think i will take a look at those next time i get a chance. i wont be buying tires for a while yet, tho. i still have lots of miles left on the ones i have.

they DONT have the rim protector, i checked them the other day. do you just want to check them out a little more?

Latest posts