• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Decent day hikes--highway 2?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I haven't been an avid hiker in a long time and the really only hike I have done is up wallace falls. So I promised my little girl I would take her hiking on sunday and wondered what was on the highway 2 corridor that was nice but not too long?

There's a couple nice ones up in the Alpine Lakes area. Bad thing is the bridges that go over the river are washed out still. Right before Disappointment Falls.

Still, nice little hikes for just starting out. Debbie and I went to one in March before my knee surgery. In short sleeves, no less.

Go to the Big 4 Ice Caves. It's up in your neck of the woods, and it's very easy. About a mile or so long (each way), gentle slope. Hikes to a scenic valley with glacier-like deposit of snow, the snow has streams running underneath causing ice caves. Pretty cool, very easy hike.

If you want a wonderful hike, do the Ape Caves hike down by Mt St. Helens. This is an ABSOLUTE must do hike with the kids. Just make sure to bring headlamps, flashlights & gloves. The hike is underground, a couple of miles long. The cave was formed by a lava tube eons ago and you hike up thru the cave, and can exit at the end and come back above ground, or return hike backwards thru the cave. You do have to scramble over some boulder piles, and scamper up some inclines. Great hike for kids. Very worthwhile.

Google the names for more info.

Last edited:
Well me and my little girl decided to hike up Wallace falls. It was a beautiful day for it. We managed to get from the parking lot to the very top of the falls in an hour and 20 minutes,,,

I enjoyed the Wallace Falls hike very much. Short & easy, but very scenic.

Next time you want to burn some fuel, drive down to the Ape Caves. It's worthwhile. We're going back down on Aug 22nd.

Tony

the big four ice caves mentioned below. are not really in your next of the woods... they are way out in granit falls.. almost darington. nice easy hike,good walking path, great veiws

the big four ice caves mentioned below. are not really in your next of the woods... they are way out in granit falls.. almost darington. nice easy hike,good walking path, great veiws

You forgot---buys as hell :haha:

I had thought about that but thats a yuppy trail :haha:

You forgot---buys as hell :haha:

I had thought about that but thats a yuppy trail :haha:

no i didnt forget that it is BUSY as hell- i just decided to let you figure that one out for your self:haha:

off of foss river road there is trails that go for months

theres always lake isabell..:eeek: legal or not:eeek:

Latest posts