• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Defender Buggy Build

Lol i believe so, I'm here @ EOR now trying to help finish it up, gotta gremlin in the throttle,

Start it up and it revs fine, let it return to idle and it won't rev hardly at all ??? Think I gotta make a trip to the tuner before the first ride

Picked it up today

54d6534b.jpg

623b2692.jpg

cf098fc1.jpg

352339cf.jpg

70857398.jpg

I'm not 100% sure what was causing it to go to REP, but he said that was definitely the case, he found 8-9 things he needed to change (idle/TP parameters) I'm not going to pretend I know what all he was talking about :****:

I was just happy it was fixed

This is what the description says in the YouTube video:

estimated 390 hp and 420 ft/lbs tq at the rear wheels - top speed 47 mph in low range and 84 mph 2nd gear high range

not knock'n it but that hp number seems low. what all was done to the engine? i thought you had done some bolt on stuff?

i didn't get the cam swapped in - was hoping to before I had it dynoed but had to throw some cash at my truck so I couldn't afford it

motor specs

07 LQ4 6.0
Block Hugger Headers
LS2 intake, throttle body, MAF, and injectors
stock internals

From what I have heard and read unless you get real aggresive with the tune 400hp is about all you can expect from a stock 6.0 :dunno: The seat of the pants feel is pretty impressive, i have only driven it around for about 5 minutes but it feels twice as strong as my old 5.3 :****:

i've got:
04 LQ4 6.0
hooker block hugger headers
stock truck intake, throttle body & injectors
stock internals
made 295 using efi live.

again not knock'n anything, i just thought with the ls2 intake and throttle body yours would make more than what it did. i've been following others builds to see what mods work for them. i know dyno #'s aren't everything but they can good for comparison, when you're comparing apples to apples.

down the road i'd like to do a cam, springs, etc. maybe some L92 heads or some other stock heads that flow better, intake and throttle body of some sort and a good converter.

again, bad ass build, hope to wheel with ya some time and check out your buggy

Latest posts