• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DELETE....!!!

JMR7810

On the xp 900 to remove the top a arm bolt are y'all having to remove the front end brace/radiator support bar and front sharowd ??
I ordered plus forward high clearance arms and just glanced at my sxs to see what all I gonna have to remove to get that bolt out... Looking like I gonna have too.. And is gonna be a B!$?& b/c the way my front bumper mounts :/.. Getting it off plus factory junk gonna take a while.. Lol :dunno:

Re: <<QUESTION.. XP 900??

There are two screws just in front of the bolts on the grill. If you take them out you will get just enough clearance to slide the bolt forward an extra inch.
Once the bolt slides out of the rear mount, let the of the arm slide down and out at an angle. I just put Highlifter forward arched arms on mine and it was super easy.
Put all grease fittings on before you install the arms. Do yourself a favor,if you are reusing the factory ball joints, go the the dealer and get new clips. They will stretch and be a little loose. When they come loose (and they will) it will bugger up the whole. Getting a replacement arm is an act of congress!

Thanks... That's what I was gonna try after looking closer this morning.. N yup I got new ball joints too :) replace it while its apart is lot easier then messing w it again few months later..
Appreciate the reply!

223man said:
There are two screws just in front of the bolts on the grill. If you take them out you will get just enough clearance to slide the bolt forward an extra inch.
Once the bolt slides out of the rear mount, let the of the arm slide down and out at an angle. I just put Highlifter forward arched arms on mine and it was super easy.
Put all grease fittings on before you install the arms. Do yourself a favor,if you are reusing the factory ball joints, go the the dealer and get new clips. They will stretch and be a little loose. When they come loose (and they will) it will bugger up the whole. Getting a replacement arm is an act of congress!

@223man ...
DO U HAVE XP 900 or 800??

i dont know how your bumper mounts but best i remember there is just 4 bolts and 2 plastic pins that hold the whole front end on. dont take the plastic off the brace. just remember to unhook your headlights first.

I pulled my front clip off and it made it really easy to access everything. Takes no time at all to pull it off. '13 xp900.