• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Denied at Walker Valley (V Crack.)

There's a big difference between hardening the bottom to control the erosion and filling it in.
DON"T FILL IN THE BOTTOM!
It's the only thing at Walker worth spending more that 15 seconds on right now.
Just so everyone understands what I mean.
DO NOT TRY TO MAKE IT EASIER!

Even if you just replaced the mud at the bottom with some rip rap just in the very nature of getting out of the mud it would make the vag easier... but yes don't fill the bottom but maybe just try and stabilize the current obstacle.

There's a big difference between hardening the bottom to control the erosion and filling it in.
DON"T FILL IN THE BOTTOM!
It's the only thing at Walker worth spending more that 15 seconds on right now.
Just so everyone understands what I mean.
DO NOT TRY TO MAKE IT EASIER!

Even if you just replaced the mud at the bottom with some rip rap just in the very nature of getting out of the mud it would make the vag easier... but yes don't fill the bottom but maybe just try and stabilize the current obstacle.

X2 and X2...

DO NOT FILL IN THE VAG!!!
I mean give me a ****in break... It is the only rock North of Seattle on legel wheelin grounds that is worth a tire rost. Anyone that may like to wheel there rig in the next level is forced to either try and find privat land or... well, you all know the other option. Wake up guys!!! 99% of Washington wheelin is gay, we get one good rock that is ****in legel and you want to fill it in to make it so my mom can drive up. Its one rock you cant make in your pathfinder.... stop your ****in bitchin and go drive on mainline that you helped pave. :flipoff:

I am the 1% and I am sure I speak for the rest of us.

Thes guys get my vote. Don't fill it, and I know I can't make it up, but it is a nice place to roll over backwards if I get bored.

Evolution...This is what we expected once the area was opened. That's fine and I get that. I think that it is cool that there's an obstacle that's 'evolved' to a point the exteme rigs can have a lil fun on....But I will also say that 'we' will likely not have the final say....I am for leaving it (both lines), but at the same time I also understand that the bases of each line need to be stabilized just enough so as to keep silt/mud out of the stream just behind this area....THAT would constitute doing something about the approaches...
For those that are screaming a bunch of vulgarities about keeping it JUST as it is, what have YOU done to help out with keeping it sustainable??? :corn:
And Nick, I will NOT stay on the mainline just because you scream for keeping something the way it is....:fawkdancesmiley: I encourage you to come out to some of the work parties and actually help out....only then will you maybe see what we are up against in the real world of dealing with DNR and Forestry, and DOE for that matter.:awesomework:

Evolution...This is what we expected once the area was opened. That's fine and I get that. I think that it is cool that there's an obstacle that's 'evolved' to a point the exteme rigs can have a lil fun on....But I will also say that 'we' will likely not have the final say....I am for leaving it (both lines), but at the same time I also understand that the bases of each line need to be stabilized just enough so as to keep silt/mud out of the stream just behind this area....THAT would constitute doing something about the approaches...
For those that are screaming a bunch of vulgarities about keeping it JUST as it is, what have YOU done to help out with keeping it sustainable??? :corn:
And Nick, I will NOT stay on the mainline just because you scream for keeping something the way it is....:fawkdancesmiley: I encourage you to come out to some of the work parties and actually help out....only then will you maybe see what we are up against in the real world of dealing with DNR and Forestry, and DOE for that matter.:awesomework:

Kev, I get what your saying... I am not totally out of the loop and I understand who owns the land. That said... the DNR needs to understand that Walker, Reiter... are Off Road parks.. this is the ONLY place people can go to go have some safe fun in the mud or on the rocks. This is what these parks are made for. I also understand these ORV parks are located in the wettest state in the US and and that mud is almost not avoidable. So what if a little dirt washes into a creek.. its dirt not poison. I really dont get it. All these Salmon ****in greenies are driving the bus and we are along for the ride.

Kevin, I respect everything that you do and say.. but I dont agree with filling in or pooring concrete or putting chrushed rock or any other forign object at the base of the V. I like my V natural... and ill keep hittin it that way. :redneck:

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with mud.. or at least some of it :redneck: ... but this problem is more about bringing the challenge back to those it was designed for. This obsticale was originally planned to be a challenge for locked, large (38+ tires).. this is not the case anymore. Now you need to have sticky tires, the right wheelbase, etc to even get close to making it. V-crack was designed for ~10% of people at walker to make it -- now it works for less than 1%.

No one is suggesting it be filled in to the point where it won't be a challenge for the original spec.

But this is an interesting conversation--at Reiter or other places, there would be many rocks to go over, and if one got too hard, we'd just move to another. Luckily, in the past 6 months, we've seen three obsticles emerge out of what used to be one.

So perhaps a compromise... harden the base of v-crack, so it doesn't erode anymore (making it impossible for ANYONE to make it), but not raising the base.... while designing the left side to be a challenge to any rig with 37+ tires, lockers, etc.

Kev, I get what your saying... I am not totally out of the loop and I understand who owns the land. That said... the DNR needs to understand that Walker, Reiter... are Off Road parks.. this is the ONLY place people can go to go have some safe fun in the mud or on the rocks. This is what these parks are made for. I also understand these ORV parks are located in the wettest state in the US and and that mud is almost not avoidable. So what if a little dirt washes into a creek.. its dirt not poison. I really dont get it. All these Salmon ****in greenies are driving the bus and we are along for the ride.

Kevin, I respect everything that you do and say.. but I dont agree with filling in or pooring concrete or putting chrushed rock or any other forign object at the base of the V. I like my V natural... and ill keep hittin it that way. :redneck:
Well, seems you don't fully understand what we're dealing with...Silt IS poison to a fish...clogs the gills/suffocates them...This much I know as I was raised by a marine biologist...That said, there are MUCH larger reasons for the salmon habitat dwindling...someone said it another thread and pretty much nailed it...Just don't remember which thread.:redneck:
It's not necessarily DNR directly, but moreso the agencies involved above them, which then the rules are passed down to DNR to follow....Only way you're gonna get away from these issues is a political push to get the rules/guidelines changed...which is also an entirely different thread.:;
This obsticale was originally planned to be a challenge for locked, large (38+ tires).. this is not the case anymore. Now you need to have sticky tires, the right wheelbase, etc to even get close to making it. V-crack was designed for ~10% of people at walker to make it -- now it works for less than 1%.

No one is suggesting it be filled in to the point where it won't be a challenge for the original spec.

So perhaps a compromise... harden the base of v-crack, so it doesn't erode anymore (making it impossible for ANYONE to make it), .... while designing the left side to be a challenge to any rig with 37+ tires, lockers, etc.
Everyone with 37's that tried the left line spanked it first shot already...

As said before, evolution has changed the original design intent of the area...The V's original intent was actually for 37+ tires (nothing in writing, just understood)---While the left line was supposed to be 33-35" & locked....NO ONE had a clue that what's there now was even there as it was covered by 18" of duff....I'm not for bringing it back to that...I am for securing the V up just enough so further erosion is kept at bay...and similar for the left line, although a bit more at the base of the big rock, just to give moderately built, or shorter (TJ/LJ & down) rigs something to play on...Remember, this area is supposed to be available for ALL users, mild to wild....:awesomework:

I personally think our work would be better off done somewhere else. If DNR/DOE says something about fixing it, then we fix it. But I would rather put my time towards building an Elbe style log crawl, or trying to get some mileage to our system.

Well, seems you don't fully understand what we're dealing with...Silt IS poison to a fish...clogs the gills/suffocates them...This much I know as I was raised by a marine biologist...That said, there are MUCH larger reasons for the salmon habitat dwindling...someone said it another thread and pretty much nailed it...Just don't remember which thread.:redneck:
It's not necessarily DNR directly, but moreso the agencies involved above them, which then the rules are passed down to DNR to follow....Only way you're gonna get away from these issues is a political push to get the rules/guidelines changed...which is also an entirely different thread.:;

Everyone with 37's that tried the left line spanked it first shot already...

As said before, evolution has changed the original design intent of the area...The V's original intent was actually for 37+ tires (nothing in writing, just understood)---While the left line was supposed to be 33-35" & locked....NO ONE had a clue that what's there now was even there as it was covered by 18" of duff....I'm not for bringing it back to that...I am for securing the V up just enough so further erosion is kept at bay...and similar for the left line, although a bit more at the base of the big rock, just to give moderately built, or shorter (TJ/LJ & down) rigs something to play on...Remember, this area is supposed to be available for ALL users, mild to wild....:awesomework:

Sorry for my outbreak of ignorant redneckory....:redneck:

I guess my next question would be... what do you all have in mind that would be a good media to put at the base of these area? I doubt anything natural will last long.

unless it has become under cut on the bottom just leave it. from the pic in the other thread it looks no steeper than the last time i was there. if you dont have stickies just keep that tire out of the crack and you most likely will make it

X2 and X2...

DO NOT FILL IN THE VAG!!!
I mean give me a ****in break... It is the only rock North of Seattle on legel wheelin grounds that is worth a tire rost. Anyone that may like to wheel there rig in the next level is forced to either try and find privat land or... well, you all know the other option. Wake up guys!!! 99% of Washington wheelin is gay, we get one good rock that is ****in legel and you want to fill it in to make it so my mom can drive up. Its one rock you cant make in your pathfinder.... stop your ****in bitchin and go drive on mainline that you helped pave. :flipoff:

I am the 1% and I am sure I speak for the rest of us.

Its Not A ****ing Pathfinder but I made it up:fawkdancesmiley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0_keiaLgrgfirst try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzSILFYDfA:stirpot:

I guess my next question would be... what do you all have in mind that would be a good media to put at the base of these area? I doubt anything natural will last long.

If someone in Tacoma can store it, I can get a whole bunch of concrete cylinders. Some broken and crushed and some almost whole.
In between the little red wagon and broom.
36265_1671062610883_1066902466_1770543_4421275_n.jpg

That is a good question...A couple ideas were thrown around...but nothing solid as of yet...No one's talked to DNR, and at this point this is all just talk---I know there are bigger projects needing done at this time (Finish reroute)---unless the powers that be change all that for us...:;
This discussion is just that (discussion), trying to stay on top of things as best we can with what we have :awesomework:---again, unless the powers that be change all that for us...

:fawkdancesmiley:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EY2vbjgTvg[/YT]
right up until my front driveline separated....:redneck::haha:

And you was giving me **** on how old my vid was WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
how old is yours and where have youbeen:kissmybutt: