• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Detroit go BOOM

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
Well if you ever wanted to see what the inside of a detroit looks like after you snap and axle shaft. Here's your sign....

P1080368.jpg

P1080369.jpg

P1080370.jpg

But Digger5 is going to take care of me tomorrow and fix this puppy up. :cheer:

Usually the gear doesn't break, just the square teeth get sheered off. I wonder if you have a bent housing or something?:eeek:

Im still a noob.

Is this an EZ locker or full carrier replacement?

You going spool next or ARB?

Nope thats a full carrier detroit locker. Sticking with the Detroit, just going to fix this one.

Usually the gear doesn't break, just the square teeth get sheered off. I wonder if you have a bent housing or something?:eeek:

Axle housing is straight. This is from my tire hitting a tree, 2nd gear full throttle.

His tires do lean like a cholo:eeek:

Thats a simple fix with a ball joint adjustment. The tires were like that way before I crashed.

How about I ask you? :flipoff:

both of the ratcheting side gears in mine were broken into big separate peices, the center part with the 4 pins had completely fragged, side gears on both sides, even the springs in mine were collapsed and fragged. :haha: had to replace everything but the thrust washers and the main case.:flipoff:

both of the ratcheting side gears in mine were broken into big separate peices, the center part with the 4 pins had completely fragged, side gears on both sides, even the springs in mine were collapsed and fragged. :haha: had to replace everything but the thrust washers and the main case.:flipoff:

Wow you did worse than me. Scott took care of mine yesterday. All that really broke was the side gear, but we also replaced the center piece because it was chewed up a bit.

Maybe I should swap out my boring ARB's for a Detroit, then I could post up some breakage pics :D

Thanks to Digger 5 for fixing this sucker for me. I ran over to his house yesterday afternoon and hug out while he fixed it. Learned a few things too. :awesomework:

Cool guy and I'm sure as I keep wheeling and breaking crap I'll be in touch with him. But damn that traffic on the way home... 405 & I5 suck major balls at 4-5pm.. Bumper to bumper 5mph all the way to HWY 16 :mad:.. I had to pee so bad by the time I got home. Damn energy drinks..:mad:

Thanks to Digger 5 for fixing this sucker for me. I ran over to his house yesterday afternoon and hug out while he fixed it. Learned a few things too. :awesomework:

Cool guy and I'm sure as I keep wheeling and breaking crap I'll be in touch with him. But damn that traffic on the way home... 405 & I5 suck major balls at 4-5pm.. Bumper to bumper 5mph all the way to HWY 16 :mad:.. I had to pee so bad by the time I got home. Damn energy drinks..:mad:

shoulda stopped by. I coulda made short jokes and laughed at you :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Latest posts