• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Detroit locker in reverse

It is exactly like a spool when under throttle. It's when you let off that it ratchets allowing a tire to coast for turns.

its exactly like a spool thats got 20deg of back lash when under throttle... thats why they break when yha snap axles...

off the throttle yha, it'll unlock when 1 tire overcomes the carriers rotation.

It is exactly like a spool when under throttle. It's when you let off that it ratchets allowing a tire to coast for turns.

I know how a Detroit works and notice there is nothing which said "under throttle". And for the record you're still incorrect. Under throttle is only a small part of it. A Detroit will still unlock under throttle dependant on traction and how much traction Differentiation there is between the wheels.
A Detroit locker is nothing like a spool!:;

its exactly like a spool thats got 20deg of back lash when under throttle... thats why they break when yha snap axles...

off the throttle yha, it'll unlock when 1 tire overcomes the carriers rotation.

:eeek: funny how this always seams to come up... i have broken tons of stock axles and even one long field and my detroit still worked flawlessly:awesomework:

x2 a detroit is nothing like a spool

:eeek: funny how this always seams to come up... i have broken tons of stock axles and even one long field and my detroit still worked flawlessly:awesomework:

x2 a detroit is nothing like a spool

The toyota version don't seem to eat up parts when shafts pop. The 44 version is known for it though and I have heard of a couple 30's doing it too.

a detroit lets one tire rotate faster than the other but not slower...what this means is that on corners the outside tire can spin faster unless under load then it spins the same as the inside tire....

a detroit lets one tire rotate faster than the other but not slower...what this means is that on corners the outside tire can spin faster unless under load then it spins the same as the inside tire....

No, wrong. It will unlock under load just the same. It's about traction NOT load........A Detroit is locked by default and unlocks under certain conditions. If it's on jack stands it's locked, how much load does it have when on jack stands?

No, wrong. It will unlock under load just the same. It's about traction NOT load........A Detroit is locked by default and unlocks under certain conditions. If it's on jack stands it's locked, how much load does it have when on jack stands?

nope...you are wrong...as stated the detroit locker will alow one side to rotate faster but not slower....when forward motion stops on a corner the outside tire rotates the same as the inside

nope...you are wrong...as stated the detroit locker will alow one side to rotate faster but not slower....when forward motion stops on a corner the outside tire rotates the same as the inside

I can assure you I'm not wrong....When foreward motion stops on a corner? What do you mean? If it's stopped then nothing is rotating.....
What you are correct about is that when a Detroit unlocks the outside tire turns faster than the inside/ driven tire. What your wrong about is when and how it unlocks.

nope...you are wrong...as stated the detroit locker will alow one side to rotate faster but not slower....when forward motion of the vehical (not the axle)stops on a corner the outside tire rotates the same as the inside

this is as dumbed down as I can make it

Last edited: