• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Detroit locker in reverse

If you're going to call me out you need a better defense than a :stirpot: icon. Please explain to me where I'm in error.......

a detroit is not magic...knows not traction...only knows that one axle can rotate faster than the other but not slower

a detroit is not magic...knows not traction...only knows that one axle can rotate faster than the other but not slower

And how would one tire turn faster than the other if it didn't have traction? What's turning it faster than the other tire?:corn:

When does a Detroit Locker lock?
The Detroit Locker is locked up 100% in a straight line or if you are spinning. The unit unlocks in a turn for the wheel that is turning the fastest.

Yup. No throttle involved. Like I said it's always locked until traction causes one wheel to turn faster than the other then it unlocks the faster wheel. The same thing will happen coasting down a hill with no throttle involved.

Binder is right.

And the whole "faster" explanation is a mediocre argument that generally explains the activity in one direction, but it comes up short when you consider that the detroit works in reverse too.

they will only unlock if traction overcomes the clutches this can happen at wide open throttle or just driving in a circle on warm asphalt

100% correct!! There is one exception to the rule and that's when one tire is off the ground and continues to spin when the rest of the assembly stops. This is what happened in Joops video and what Digger posted earlier. It's not really an exception to the rule it's just decieving.:awesomework:

dood..you are a tool...like a bitch with a ****...argueing with me but saying almost the same thing.....hence the stirring the pot thing

I strongly suggest you keep the name calling to yourself unless you plan to explain it to me in person.:;

I strongly suggest you keep the name calling to yourself unless you plan to explain it to me in person.:;

whatever Binder....I stated that the detroit alows one axle to rotate faster than the other but not slower and you said I was wrong...but then you agree...make up your mind

I keep forgetting that westcoasters are so sensitive so here is a softer side of my response just for you...you are like arguing with a woman!

Whew! Glad I didn't decide to go down with the ship on this one. :haha: I just left out the whole "traction under throttle makes a detroit act exactly like a spool" part out of my OG reply and left it at that when corrected. :redneck:

I keep forgetting that westcoasters are so sensitive so here is a softer side of my response just for you...you are like arguing with a woman!

No go read the last couple pages of the "id small block chevy" thread and read lamar's posts. THAT will show you a bitch replies. :haha:

whatever Binder....I stated that the detroit alows one axle to rotate faster than the other but not slower and you said I was wrong...but then you agree...make up your mind

Then read it again. What I wrote is that you're wrong about the being under throttle part. Next time we meet you can explain the woman concept to me.:;

Bullshit! It's dependant on traction not throttle.

I think we're saying the same thing here. As I said-"It can only unlock if the torque applied by the drivetrain can be overcome by the traction surface."

BTW- I'm Scott:redneck:

Then read it again. What I wrote is that you're wrong about the being under throttle part. Next time we meet you can explain the woman concept to me.:;

haven't you ever argued with a woman?

what I am saying is that a detroit locker is an endearment object that knows nothing....it is just a mechanical device that will allow one side to spin faster than the other
:haha:

Latest posts