• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel Additives

JPT

What do you all run for additives in your fuel in older diesels. I have been running Diesel Kleen because I get it for a smokin deal but just curious what others run or recommend. My truck is an 01 Cummins just hit 100k.

I just pour in a jug of fresh veggie oil. I know other guys dump in a quart of 2-stroke oil. Still others swear by marvel mystery oil, or Sea-foam. Im not picky. Ive done it all and couldnt tell you a difference.

I've used the XDP Power Plus stuff in my OBS, couldn't tell you how much difference it actually makes, did a lot of other mods to the truck around the same time I started using it. I haven't put any in the 550 yet, the bottle was still in the OBS when I filled it up, so the next time I fill it up I will add it and see if I notice any difference.

The main reason I decided to to try something was my truck doesn't get driven a whole lot, so I figure anything to work as a fuel stabilizer would be helpful.

Stanadyne here...There's a lot of different makers out there that are all comprised of the same base additive...Lubricity additive is key, most of the other fuel stabilizer additives are really not needed in our climate...

Diesel Kleen here. Depending on the temps depends on the type. Usually wait on the sales.

Does it make difference idk. Old timers next door swore by it and working on the pass this last winter the mechanics kept in bulk supply.

To each his own.

I just use diesel fuel in mine.

I park it for months at a time when I go on deployment.

Everything seems to fire right up when I get home. :awesomework:

It's amazing how much a diesel engine likes diesel fuel. :redneck:

diesel, mineral oil, veggie oil, hydaulic fluid, tranny fluid, used engine oil, mine doesnt care. As long as the viscosity isnt too thick, she'll run. The injectors are tired, so cant hurt them more than they already are.

The newer common rail diesels tho, they dont like the "exotic" fuels. Veggie oil appears to go almost non-newtonian on you when you get into the 25,000psi and above range. Tears up injectors.