• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel pump frustration

1tonyj

Maybe I'm just an ass...but I swear every time I go to get fuel some asshole in a **** box econo beater is getting gas at the diesel pump.

There will be seven open gas pumps and the only two diesel pumps will be blocked up by gas burners.

Drives me crazy......but I'm prolly just a ****

Rant over.

TBItoy said:
go fill up with the big rigs.

and as a bonus, it only takes 20 seconds to fill your tank!

Only thing with that is no pay at the pump. :gay:

bjeep said:
Only thing with that is no pay at the pump. :gay:

All the ones around here are, in fact most all the ones I can think of in TN are.

When I used to travel for work, (TN-KY-IN-AR-MO-OK-TX) I did notice that in KY and AR that most (all?) big rig diesel pumps were not pay-at-pump.

Don't know about GA, only driven in GA a few times.

I always thought it was odd. But I usually had to take a leak anyway, so no big deal.

Re: Diesel pump frustration

X2 I have the same prob regularly. Makes no difference what station I go to unless it's a brand new Valero. They put diesel and all fuels at every pump.

Funny story. Maybe 7-8 years go I worked for a company where I maintained our heavy equipment. I stopped at a station and a little cobalt was blocking the only diesel pump!!

I sat there for 10 minutes. No BS. Person never came out of the store. So I was pissed I jumped out and grabbed the floor jack out the bed, and jacked that POS up and dragged it out in the middle of the drive so I could get to the pump. I fueled up and as I drive off I see a 300lb black chick walkin to the cobalt.

Never even came outside during the whole thing.

People are stupid man. They pay zero attention to their surroundings!!! You're not alone

Diesel is normally on the end easiest to get to (we tow trailers and whatnots) so people roll over there, straight shot. Generally I just pull right up behind them and politely wave and leave it running to let them know I need that. Yes, it is always this way though

This drives me nuts I bitch all the time at our local gas station, 8 pumps and there's only diesel at 2 of them I and **** you not there is always a car at the diesel pumps getting gas and the rest sit empty ! Makes me wanna do what diesel dave did and yank it outta the way !

Thank god at the boat ramp by my house they have the off-road of to the side of the building and no one ever parks there

TBItoy said:
All the ones around here are, in fact most all the ones I can think of in TN are.

When I used to travel for work, (TN-KY-IN-AR-MO-OK-TX) I did notice that in KY and AR that most (all?) big rig diesel pumps were not pay-at-pump.

Don't know about GA, only driven in GA a few times.

I always thought it was odd. But I usually had to take a leak anyway, so no big deal.
Better bring your ass down here!!! But most of the smaller stores that have a separate pump for diesel do not have to pay at the pump. Only the gas stations with the pump where the diesel and gas is on the same one ... But that is one of my pet peeve's and I kind of understand it they don't get it , but let me coasting on fumes and I get ****ing furious. Only thing better is when they get out go in the store and don't even get gas..

Re:

Happened to me a few minutes ago, I did go a head and block off a row of gas after I got diesel filling the Jeep up, but they still had plenty of options at other pumps.

I have been told that the pumps where the commercial trucks fill up dont always have as good a filter on them. Is that true?

Re: Re: Diesel pump frustration

J/Cope79 said:
I have been told that the pumps where the commercial trucks fill up dont always have as good a filter on them. Is that true?
That doesn't even make sense.

J/Cope79 said:

Most likely an owner will not buy two different filters. If he has crappy filters on the big truck fill ups he will have them on the consumer pump as well. It also stands to reason he will sell about 100 times more diesel at the commercial dispensers so he would want better filters on them so he would get repeat business.

money_pit_yj said:
Most likely an owner will not buy two different filters. If he has crappy filters on the big truck fill ups he will have them on the consumer pump as well. It also stands to reason he will sell about 100 times more diesel at the commercial dispensers so he would want better filters on them so he would get repeat business.

Thats kinda what i was thinking.