• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Diesel ?

crash said:
Nope-----false...

You need to swing by schmucks or who ever and make sure you have no codes pertaining to the injection pump.. Also verify your lift pump is working (on the inside of the frame rail drivers side right about where the back of the drivers seat is)...

I can here the pump run so i think the lift pump is working.

Now yet another problem. After driving for awhile and then turning it off. When I go to start it (Within 10 to 20 minutes of it being off) it will start up and die.Then it will start up and run fine. Yesterday after driving for awhile I had to stop and deposit some money in the bank .When i went to leave it started and died 5 times. The 6th time I floored it and it ran fine after that. Whats the deal yo? Bad connection at the fuel shut off switch. I know theres not much to keep a deisel from running.

Here we go again. All the same symtoms but this time it just wont start after dieing. It wont even act like it wants to start off of starting fluid. This problem is acually push my temper to the limit. Please help if you know what the problem might be. I do have fuel . Could it be the pmd again?

Won't start with starting fluid? Strange. If it has compression and starting fluid it should fire assuming nothing is mechanically broken....

Won't start with starting fluid? Strange. If it has compression and starting fluid it should fire assuming nothing is mechanically broken....

(I am sooo not a diesel mechanic) but did it jump time? Compression can't occur if the valves are opening during the power stroke.

Slow it down? Like its firing when the piston is still trying to come up? Like its out of time?

~T.J.

No like its trying to fire off the starting fluid.When you spray to much starting fluid in the diesels they will turn over hard. It just started off the starting fluid and died again. So its got to be a fuel problem. I cracked open a injector line and when its being turned over i get nothing. So my question is this....if the pmd is bad will it turn off the fuel selenoid and not allow the pump to work? I can hear the lift pump working as normal and the t valve on the top of the engine when its open it will squirt fuel out when i turn the engine over. So i get fuel to that but not at the injectors. I know most of you will think that its the injector pump but I was told that if the injector pump is going out you will notice a lack of power,more black smoke and jolting. I havent had any of that. Just all the same symtoms as before when i replaced the pmd last year. I have to have this pos running by tomorrow.:mad:

It's diesel. If you spray fuel into the intake there is no time. It should fire as soon as the compression is high enough- too early.

i don't think they were referring to ignition timing but cam timing, if the timing chain for the cam shaft jumped a tooth the valve timing will be off, it happens.

Could it be sucking air? Are your return lines leaking? Could be the issue, you may also have a failing Inj pump--reread the link you posted a couple back...

We just fixed a 6.5L at work that had same issues----bad inj pump.....it also had leaking return line from filter to tank, but that didn't fix it....the pump did.

Latest posts