• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Difference between waggy springs

Nuzzy

Apparently my webernetz searching skills suck tonight. Is there a difference between the main leaves in waggy front spring packs for the 5, 6, and 7 leaf versions?

i.e. Does the HD 7 leaf have a military wrap whereas the 5 does not...?

I got HD 7 leaves from JC Whitney years ago and was curious when it comes time to start bastardizing packs together if I could use the main leaves from 5ers or not...

Apparently my webernetz searching skills suck tonight. Is there a difference between the main leaves in waggy front spring packs for the 5, 6, and 7 leaf versions?

i.e. Does the HD 7 leaf have a military wrap whereas the 5 does not...?

I got HD 7 leaves from JC Whitney years ago and was curious when it comes time to start bastardizing packs together if I could use the main leaves from 5ers or not...

The whole waggy leaf pack is one of the most amazing things. I have not been able to figure out why what pack was put on what rig for what reason. All I know is the 7 leaf dimple packs are the best and also have the thinest leafs of all them. I have found the 5 leaf packs are a bit thicker.

Can I assume they're all the same measurement eye to eye and roughly same arch...?

What got me thinking about it was I was bored and decided to search Car-Part.com for waggy springs in the area. Figured it'd be good future info to know...

The whole waggy leaf pack is one of the most amazing things. I have not been able to figure out why what pack was put on what rig for what reason.

Different years: dimple end vs plastic pad
engine/trans combo: 6cyl/auto-V8/4speed
wide track super wagoneers were all 7 leaf packs

Just put whatever you can find in there. Make sure you build the kustomazing spring clamps for the frame end and they'll last a while.

:awesomework: