• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Divide ridge & rimrock this weekend

superjeep

Going to divide ridge this weekend, and Rimrock area. I've been over most of the trails in the last 20 years but am looking to cover some ground I haven't been on before. Depending on what map you look at there shows a trail from Louie way gap to the far side side of Jump off Joe. Some maps show motorcycle and some say SWB 4x4. So has anyone run it and if so which is the best way to go. It is designated divide ridge east, trail 613.
I talked with Sheriff Steve Sutliff from Yakima county and he said he had tried it on a quad runner but was too side hill for him. Sound justs right for me. Anyone else up for a challenge, anyone have experience here? Also talked with a jeeper years ago that said they used to lower themselves off of the middle divide ridge with a winch down into the trails somewhere. Ive looked for this place for years and never fount it. But with Google earth and some toppo maps it appears to be the buck-horn gap trail 651. again some maps show this as motorcycle trail and some show it as 4wd.

Sounds sick Carl:awesomework: My moms in town this weekend otherwise Id be down.

Be carefull dude:beer:

Pretty sure the trail from louie way to jumpoff is motorcycle/quad. But if sutliff said it was cool, I say go for it. The buckhorn gap trail is 4x4 but I've never run it.

There used to be sign there a couple of years ago saying motorcycle only.
One of the guys here at work took a mountain bike acrossed it last month. I'll see if he took any pics.

I think its motorbikes to but report back.Me and a budy have been meaning to scout that as well good luck

I talked to the guy her at work but he didn't take any pics. He said that it was washed out bad enough in a couple of places that they had to walk their mt bikes. I asked him a rig could make it through an he had no idea. The only thing of info he could say is that it didn't look like anything other than a single track rig had been through there in years.

If you go, wear the camera out. I wanna see some pics:awesomework:

i know where that spot is carl.....dont go down without the cable.its stupid steep! was over there last weekend,trails are in good shape and grippy.

i think buckhorn gap is the trail with "ballbearing hill" on it. fun trail with a good loose climb on it. have fun!

i know where that spot is carl.....dont go down without the cable.its stupid steep!

Where is that spot, Homey? I used to hear stories about guys lowering jeeps off of divide somewhere on what is now 613 but have never seen a spot that wouldn't be suicide. I was told it was near Dome Peak/Humphrey's Butte but that's all cliffs for the most part.

That musta been the only one you guys didn't run last weekend eh?:cool:

Where is that spot, Homey? I used to hear stories about guys lowering jeeps off of divide somewhere on what is now 613 but have never seen a spot that wouldn't be suicide. I was told it was near Dome Peak/Humphrey's Butte but that's all cliffs for the most part.

That musta been the only one you guys didn't run last weekend eh?:cool:

kinda in between dome peak and strobach if memory serves right.....was a spot off leaning tree we tried one time also.....

Legend

So you heard those stories too. I heard it from Wally Larson, God rest his Soul.

phone

i think buckhorn gap is the trail with "ballbearing hill" on it. fun trail with a good loose climb on it. have fun!

I tried PM you but your inbox is full.
I got you number from Pratt but it doesn't seem to work, maybe I copied it down wrong, got some questions for you could ya call me at 425-327-0804

So you heard those stories too. I heard it from Wally Larson, God rest his Soul.

I never knew Wally but definetly have heard of him in stories. Most of my stories and info comes from a buddy of mine here (Bill Crawford) that ran with Ken Sanislo and those guys that cut in most of the Rimrock trails back in the day.

Carl,
If you see this before you leave, bunch of the Eldorado Dust Devils are running Rimrock this weekend. They'll be camped at Bakeoven Flats, or down by the lake. Don't hesitate to ask for help/parts if you get in a bind.
Tony Fox

I never knew Wally but definetly have heard of him in stories. Most of my stories and info comes from a buddy of mine here (Bill Crawford) that ran with Ken Sanislo and those guys that cut in most of the Rimrock trails back in the day.

I wouldnt believe **** that comes out of BIG JUANS mouth.:stirpot: