• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Divide ridge & rimrock this weekend

it dont look hard just scary....im cool.dont need to have that one told to my kids.

Was usually about once a year they woukld have to airlift someone out of there......

Don't know any of the parties involved here but when I ran up there the issues/rollovers were usually a drive that shouldnt have been wheelin up there with their lack of experience....

Where is that spot, Homey? I used to hear stories about guys lowering jeeps off of divide somewhere on what is now 613 but have never seen a spot that wouldn't be suicide. I was told it was near Dome Peak/Humphrey's Butte but that's all cliffs for the most part.

That musta been the only one you guys didn't run last weekend eh?:cool:

My dad used to have a pic of a guy he wheeled with that was standing on his grill while lowering his jeep down with cable... Sometime back in the '70s... I'm pretty sure it was taken at Divide Ridge... I'll see if he can find it and I'll convert it to digital and post it...

I remember looking at it as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever...:cool:

Don't know any of the parties involved here but when I ran up there the issues/rollovers were usually a drive that shouldnt have been wheelin up there with their lack of experience....

Kevin K. was leading and it was a DD (new member) that went over.

Was usually about once a year they woukld have to airlift someone out of there......

Sometimes fate just intervenes.
I barrel rolled there in the spring, and I have been there at least 40 times. In my case, the spring snow melt caused the trail to cave out from underneath my pass rear tire, and vamoooooom, I was over and over.
A good cage is a must. But truth be told, I got scared. My wife was passanger, and her safety is worth more to me than the whole damn jeep.
I doubt I'll go back to Rimrock until I've got more tube.

With not very much experience I hear?

Sometimes fate just intervenes.
I barrel rolled there in the spring, and I have been there at least 40 times. In my case, the spring snow melt caused the trail to cave out from underneath my pass rear tire, and vamoooooom, I was over and over.
A good cage is a must. But truth be told, I got scared. My wife was passanger, and her safety is worth more to me than the whole damn jeep.
I doubt I'll go back to Rimrock until I've got more tube.

Your absolutely right Tony..... sometimes **** happens. I've been on the side a few times up there, fortunately never to the lid or beyond..... Thats why I put "usually" in my oprginal post. :redneck: Besides snow ads a whole new element to where you fate could end up.

were usually a drive that shouldnt have been wheelin up there with their lack of experience....

Definetly not a place for newbs but it's kind've a tough call though. It's hard to become a better driver without pushing youself. At least they knew enough to have a good cage. It's pretty impressive how well it held up.

There is no room for mistakes at Rimrock.

And even way veteran drivers get into trouble up there.

That Being Said, Rimrock is my favorite place to wheel.

Pucker Ridge, July 07. :awesomework:
dsc03101n.jpg

Carl did you find any of the trails you were looking for??? sorry for not getting back to you..

I'm with you. I won't even attempt Pucker Ridge untill I get a full Roll Cage.

So I shouldn't have run it without a cage then eh? :redneck:

I love Rimrock, its not overly hard but the "holy **** it's a long ways down rolling!" thoughts make it seem insane. :cheer:

Scouting

Carl did you find any of the trails you were looking for??? sorry for not getting back to you..

Yes we did.
Sat, Louie way gap to Jump Off Joe, nearly.
Sunday, Up Narrow Neck to blue lake, to Buckhorn gap, on divide ridge, then back to blue lake to Donicker pass to short & dirty and down.
Monday, Jump off Joe hiked less than 1000 ft to where we left off on Louie way gap. Very little used trail but we found it. Needs about an hours work on a small rock land slide to be passable.

yes

My dad used to have a pic of a guy he wheeled with that was standing on his grill while lowering his jeep down with cable... Sometime back in the '70s... I'm pretty sure it was taken at Divide Ridge... I'll see if he can find it and I'll convert it to digital and post it...

I remember looking at it as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever...:cool:

Please make this your sworn duty and I will be forever in dept to you!