• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DIY beadlocks??

Thanks for all the info guys ima order a set off of adamF on here an give them a shot...

What about anti coning rings I've seen where some people use fan belts? How do I measure for them just half the bead thickness of the tire?

And the diybeadlocks place seems like a joke from just getting on their web site... Why would they list the kit for 225 but u can't buy it for that???? By the time I was ready to order it was over 400 bucks. If I was gonna spend that much I'd rather just buy beadlocks ready to go.

I'm putting these on my beater yj on 33s so I'm not trying to spend a bunch of money

tommy450r said:
And the diybeadlocks place seems like a joke from just getting on their web site... Why would they list the kit for 225 but u can't buy it for that???? By the time I was ready to order it was over 400 bucks. If I was gonna spend that much I'd rather just buy beadlocks ready to go.

I'm putting these on my beater yj on 33s so I'm not trying to spend a bunch of money

Sorry about the bad suggestion. Again, mine came from offroadoverstock (but were by DIY) and I didn't deal with them. My wife ordered them for me for Christmas. I just put in the good word for quality and quick shipping. I think she only paid like $25 a piece (per inner, per outer).

tommy450r said:
The diybeadlocks site says $225.00 bucks but adds an extra 50 bucks off the top then another 50 for 1/4in material upgrade and another 50 for any other option so I doubt I go with them... By the time I was done getting weld on beadlocks from them I could buy some nice allied wheels for a little more.

An I kinda figured the inside the lip kit would be a little Easier thanks for all the info. Keep it coming

I ordered from DIY.. Never again. Long shipping time and it looks like they were hand cut with a plasma..

I did have a set from offroad over stock that looked really good and they had fast shipping

5BrothersFabrication said:
Sorry about the bad suggestion. Again, mine came from offroadoverstock (but were by DIY) and I didn't deal with them. My wife ordered them for me for Christmas. I just put in the good word for quality and quick shipping. I think she only paid like $25 a piece (per inner, per outer).

No big deal I wish offroadoverstock was still in business

Re: Re: Re: DIY beadlocks??

lawson1603 said:
^^^x2 (Brandy was her name right???)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

X2 on both...

5 brothers I had the same exact bead lock you did from offroad over stock and the quality was good.

Also on the diy I bought the anti coninig what a waste of money they still coned in.

Re: Re: Re: DIY beadlocks??

^^^x2 (Brandy was her name right??)

Yea that's her. Guy needs to give her the attitude adjuster

So it looks like the TMI inner ring has cut outs the you have to bend up then weld? Or do they already come bent and welded? I wasted a rim this weekend so I guess it's time to do a set of weld on beadlocks.

huff75 said:
So it looks like the TMI inner ring has cut outs the you have to bend up then weld? Or do they already come bent and welded?

you bend them

JRowe said:
you bend them

Soooo there is no issue with one of the tabs bending at the wrong place and giving an uneven height for anti coning?? What's the best way to bend?

Step eight Bend all of the Integrated Anti Coning tabs upward 90 deg. A large crescent wrench works well for this task. You will have to bent both sides of each tab up a little at a time until they are as shown in the following picture.

step8.jpg

Step nine After all of the tabs are bent upright place a weld on the outer edge of each tab as shown in the following picture.

step9.jpg