• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Does anyone know of putting disc on a 12 bolt?

JStowers

Building a smaller sized buggy and have the axle with gears and locker already. Looking for a way to mount calipers, and rotors that will fit the flange of the axle shaft. Not wanting to spend crazy money on a kit, or I would just get another axle. :fish:

Can post pic tommorow but mine are front rotors standard chevy front calipers and two dust shields cut down and welded to axle. Sounds ghetto but chevy 2wd dust shields are 1/4" thick and cut down with cut off wheel mounted then tacked remove and weld.

al1tonyota said:
Toyota Tacoma rotors and calipers would work well jus have to cut some brackets and weld them to the axle.

You can use the chevy calipers with weld on brackets on a tacoma rotor, I did this on my ifs toy rear. The pads fit the rotor perfectly, I did have to grind down the bracket since the taco rotor diameter is smaller than chevys.

CAM00806_zps1984bc79.jpg

I'll post more pics when I get home, phone isn't wanting to do what the hell I want it to.

grcthird said:
You can use the chevy calipers with weld on brackets on a tacoma rotor, I did this on my ifs toy rear. The pads fit the rotor perfectly, I did have to grind down the bracket since the taco rotor diameter is smaller than chevys.

CAM00806_zps1984bc79.jpg

I'll post more pics when I get home, phone isn't wanting to do what the hell I want it to.
What year/model Tacoma did those rotors come off of? mounting the caliper is not as big of an issue as finding all the parts to do it without making them "custom". Basically would like to be able to go to the parts store and buy the part and bolt it on. Excluding the bracket, I understand it will be a fabricated part. And thank you for the picture I will be running a 15" wheel as well. thumb.gif

Parts list and numbers:
86-95 rear Toyota housing and shafts
Inner and outer wheel bearing seals, National 1960 and 1956
4x4 or prerunner Tacoma discs, Partsmaster 125503
75 Chevy C20 front calipers, Cardone 18-4035 and 18-4036
Brake pads, Partsmaster MD 52
Brake hoses, Tru Torque, H68551 and H68550
Banjo Bolts, Dorman 13935
Blue Torch Fab weld on 60/14 brackets, 11023
Misc tube nuts that I had at the shop with some hard brake line

Flanges on the shafts have to be turned down to fit inside the rotor.