• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Domestic Violence III

Inner C's welded to the tubes.

100310012.jpg

100310013.jpg

Upper and lower shock tabs tacked.

100310032.jpg

100310033.jpg

Checking tire to shock clearance with suspension cycled and tire fully turned.

100310030.jpg

Front upper shock tabs in place.

100310039.jpg

Lower shock tab.

100310043.jpg

5'4" to the highest point of the cage at full bump with 16" shocks. Ride height will be about 2"-3" higher.

100310058.jpg

:awesomework: That car is turning out kick ass guys!!!!!tell james and Alanna congrats on the new baby from Bill in wa.:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework::beer:

Last edited:
Congrats on the baby,James:beer:

Also....an FYI....My 2" King struts had ZERO in the way of a top out "bumper"....no spring,elastomer,air chamber....nothing....so they top out with a BANG:rolleyes: You may have noticed the limit straps on each corner of my car(2 per corner in the front) thats a direct response to the shocks trying to self destruct on top out. Your shocks look like 2.5" and are several years newer than my 2" so perhaps they have changed the design. HTH:beer:

EDIT: My straps catch the suspension ~ an inch before full extension then stretch to almost full droop. The shocks never see FULL travel to avoid harsh top out

Last edited:
Congrats on the baby,James:beer:

Also....an FYI....My 2" King struts had ZERO in the way of a top out "bumper"....no spring,elastomer,air chamber....nothing....so they top out with a BANG:rolleyes: You may have noticed the limit straps on each corner of my car(2 per corner in the front) thats a direct response to the shocks trying to self destruct on top out. Your shocks look like 2.5" and are several years newer than my 2" so perhaps they have changed the design. HTH:beer:

EDIT: My straps catch the suspension ~ an inch before full extension then stretch to almost full droop. The shocks never see FULL travel to avoid harsh top out

Thanks for the heads up. They don't feel like they have any top out protection.:beer:

Straight up 'sexy time'

James, I've been up in Canada with Wayne and your previous rig several weekends now and all I gotta say is you build incredible cars that work very well and look REALLY good doin' it.

In case you haven't seen it, I captured your previous rig a few times up north on the Mustard Tiger trail as seen in my "feature film" http://vimeo.com/15089976

looks like a pwr cooler some other companys like kar-tek have them also
i think schaffers sells them
correct me if im wrong james

Engine cage supports added.

100910001.jpg

Front steering in place.

100910004.jpg

100910006.jpg

Rear steering in place.

100910008.jpg

100910010.jpg