• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Dream build?

Eddyj

So if you guys are like me, even while I'm building a buggy and ordering parts I'm thinking about my next build.
I don't know if it's the fun of creating something or just ADD but I'm always thinking about something else.
So let's hear your ideals. I'm not talking just throwing money at a build, but more of a "damn that's cool" build. Kind of like the pacer build.

I cant stop thinking about that transaxle buggy that extreme 4x4 started.( I guess it was rockapes ) I don't know the details of why it never got finished. But every time Ian talks about it on pirate rockape has to chime in and kind of sounds like a whiney :afro:
I would probably go nine inch axles and reds and a rotary motor. :dunno:

Eddyj said:
I cant stop thinking about that transaxle buggy that extreme 4x4 started.( I guess it was rockapes ) I don't know the details of why it never got finished. But every time Ian talks about it rockape has to chime in and kind of sounds like a whiney :afro:
I would probably go nine inch axles and reds and a rotary motor. :dunno:

They're not to bad build, did some guesstimating on measurements/dimensions and a couple hours in bendtech to get a good gameplan.

89D11895-8F3A-4FAC-BE2A-51FDE3FFE9BC-563-000001297DE1B9C9_zps0392e074.jpg

Lol bet me to it. I was goin to post up a pick as well. The transaxle buggy was my dream build. I finally said **** it an got it started. Thanks to jduck!!!!

Start with a ext cab Chevy Colorado with a factory 5.3,

supercharged, 6l80E swap, ford np205, 2005+ Ford superduty axles with RCVs in the front, 40" radials of some sort.
Roll bent tight exo cage for door/glass protection incorporated through the body for proper bracing. Something that could take a bad roll and still drive away mostly unscathed.

Basically an extremely tough truck with no exotic parts that could be driven all over the country and wheeled hard and driven home.

I know it wouldn't be as capable as a full buggy, but it'd be sweet to wheel in AL with the A/C blasting and the doors off, then wheel in Colorado in the winter in the same rig...

Pretty much this but exo caged, and with my preferred drivetrain
131-1106-01-o+131-1106-chevy-colorado-v8-4x4-rockcrawler+front-three-quarter-shot.jpg

^^^ That's titties.

I just want a capable badass rig with a narrow enough body to fit in tight places without dragging the sides of the chassis through every tight obstacle, that has a heater and fawkin A/C!

I agree 100% with Nick. I have a trail Jeep on 42's and the little V6 buggy. I have thought of what I would like next. The more I wheel the more I want to be comfortable so I think if I start another build or recycle the Jeep parts into something else it will be as he described. I have thought of a Ford Sport Trac 4.6 v8 auto to a Ford 205 or maybe a doubler. ...AC... 9" or narrowed tons, flat bed. 38" tires or so tight tough roll bent exo to match the body lines.
Did I mention the AC you know the kind without dust in the air.
My boys are getting older and I can see the days coming where they drive the little buggy and me and the wife tag along in the AC and provide support via the cooler and tow strap.

Even with doors and top off, having a/c is nice when you're just sitting waiting to go or watching others. I'm old and I sweat alot. Being hot sucks when there isn't at least a breeze. If I did't have a/c, I'd never wheel in the summer. :****:

jpony645 said:
Even with doors and top off, having a/c is nice when you're just sitting waiting to go or watching others. I'm old and I sweat alot. Being hot sucks when there isn't at least a breeze. If I did't have a/c, I'd never wheel in the summer. :****:

Truth. I kick myself all the time for ever swapping my Tacoma from 1/2tons to ton's (making it not very street able), then trading it off. I loved that truck.

ibrokeit said:
Truth. I kick myself all the time for ever swapping my Tacoma from 1/2tons to ton's (making it not very street able), then trading it off. I loved that truck.

But u got a gayzr just like u wanted? :gay:

Re: Re: Re: Dream build?

ibrokeit said:

Why did swapping to tons make it not street able... ?

Link my 97 4Runner and throw an atlas and spider9's under it. 40" trail grapplers and be able to drive it, wheel it most anywhere and camp out of the back.

Dream build would be a Bomber Fab car. Set up to do a little of everything. Gigggity...

Re:

My Tj with a lsx engine, and one tons with some streetable 40s. Drive it anywhere have fun....

Or Madrams old buggy....still my fave

Re: Re: Dream build?

The wet dream on wheels van on tons and 40s. Stolen Wet Dream On Wheels - Action Figure Therapy: http://youtu.be/6Lv3dk7Rl4U