• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Drive line u joints ?

KyTrash

I have always tried to use Spicer life joints, but they are hard to find around here now. Precision ,Neapco and Rockwell u joints can be found. Okay, Lets hear some opinions on this. Oh, while we are at it. What about yokes?

I cant believe the $ 13 brute force/autozone joints ive used have held up to all ive put them through. Running all spicers now due to the brutes getting all dried out(non greasable)

just order the spicer life joints from someone like nortern driveline and order a extra incase of breakage. i wouldn't mess with an auto zone joint if at all possible.

Replaced a factory Toyota joint in a CV with a Precision joint. It lasted 3 years but eventually spit a cap due to the c-clip coming out.

In my opinion, it's worth it to pony up for factory equipment. My vote is run quality Spicer joints and have a spare. That Precision cost me 5 hours of frustration until 3 AM the day before wheeling. Not worth it.

tonybolton said:
I cant believe the $ 13 brute force/autozone joints ive used have held up to all ive put them through. Running all spicers now due to the brutes getting all dried out(non greasable)

I hate to disagree but if your even a little hard on your stuff I wouldnt go that route. I have broken more than I care to count with a worn our 4litre and some 35s... Order some spicers

skipnrocks said:
I hate to disagree but if your even a little hard on your stuff I wouldnt go that route. I have broken more than I care to count with a worn our 4litre and some 35s... Order some spicers

lol..... thats exactly the setup ive been running. Broke warn premium hubs....dana30 axles and ring and pinions....stock front d44 shafts and even an 8.8 axle. Somehow stock 20 year old driveshaft joints and those brutes hung in there.

Now ive seen brute axle joints break if ya look at them....but not the driveshaft ones.

I have always used the cheapest joints the parts store has my buggy that I have now has 400+ hp 43" stickies 44" tn cut tsl's before that! 1350 joints on both ds's they cost under $10 a piece I've never had one break but I check them before every ride! I've had one that the needle bearings broke in just took it back they warantied it ! My .02