• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Driveline slip??

sucmah

I am building a two peice front for my buggy. The first half coming off the tcase is going to have a pedistal mount bearing on the splines and the yoke will slip on downstream of that. The dline coming off the tcase will be at about a 10degree down angle. My question is, do i need to have a slip yoke between the bearing and the tcase, i dont think i do cause in my mind the dline will not move out or in if it is held on the end with the bearing, but i am doubting myself and i keep picturing a ujoint rotating in my mind to work this out. If it does try to travel out and in on rotation and i fix it in the bearing that will tear up something, most likely the output bearing on the tcase with thrust loads.

you shouldn't need a slip portion on the section from the tcase to the mount. Just from the mount to the front diff will need the slip since the mount should be stationary with the rest of the drivetrain.

Yes, put some slip in it, only needs to be minimal though.

The frame and t-case/tranny mount will flex...no slip = destroyed pillow block.

Yes, put some slip in it, only needs to be minimal though.

The frame and t-case/tranny mount will flex...no slip = destroyed pillow block.

ahhh, I didn't think that you would need it but I guess so now that I think about it more, since the tranny/t-case isn't solid mounted to the frame