• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

REAR DRIVELINE ANGLE

jpcrazy

Old Timer
I'm sure this has been discussed many times before, so I'd like to hear from those of you in the know. I'm building a new buggy and the rear end is a shaved 14 bolt welded with 5.13s. My other rigs have had a CV joint at the T-case and I've pointed the pinions 2* down from the driveline angle at rest. I wonder if that's the best way, or would High Angle Driveline's 28* Yoke and joint at both ends and keep the pinion level or a little low be better.

You are on the money keeping the pinion a touch low to account for roll up during acceleration. Some more information on your the currentl angles at the transfer case yoke, pinion yoke and driveshaft angle would be necessary to determine what yoke or cv combination is best. i just went thru re-doing all of the brackets on an old rig of mine to fix a driveshaft issue. If you go with yoke to yoke keep in mind that you need to keep atleast a degree of angle in the yokes as they relate to each other or the shaft will vibrate like no tomorrow.

A proper 4 link set up will not roll up from acceleration, shouldn't move at all or not much when stroked out

Elliott said:
A proper 4 link set up will not roll up from acceleration, shouldn't move at all or not much when stroked out

It will not roll up like a leafsprung set up would but you will get a degree or two when it pulls all of the slack out of the bolts, joints/heims etc. Everything would have to be intereference fit for you to have zero movement..