• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DT track bar

Bunk1

That nice azzhole
Fawking look out!! As one of the many minions out there, I thought it was the end all for the track bar issue i had with my 94. Its been installed for over 2 years and i havnt thought twice about it. Til last week.

I got a call from a friend who said his threads stripped out on his, He wanted me to make a new track bar for him...No sweat. He brought it to me and sure as sh!t the end had come completely out of the threaded tube, While he was driving. The day before he was towing a loaded trailer. The 'chromo'? tube was 1/8th wall at best, And looked chrome plated. It also has a swaged on hex that also looked like was required to put threads in it. If you got a dt trac bar check out the frame end conection. If it feels even a bit loose figure something out before you get a big suprise..Or better yet, Just get great insurance and go drive in traffic.

This may have been hashed out on diesel boards, But i dont frequent them much so there ya go.

I use to love mine, thought it was the greatest, and at the time, it was the best, mainly because it was one of the only ones. More recently I started looking at it a bit closer. And I honestly haven't been very pleased with it.. But like you said, it's very light weight, and just too many things to go wrong.. I planned on switching mine to the "Solid Steel" 3rd gen style before the truck hits the road again. Although it's almost 500 bucks :booo:

Ive got the rare parts adjustable one myself and havent had any issues and its stout!

Huh, Maybee im a bit out of it but my friends is adjustable. As is mine. 1 3/4 3/8ths wall dom should be a sufficient improvement. Did yours come on the truck or did you install it? The one im working with is straight anemic compared to the replacement im making.

Does anyone make one that has a nea frame mount? My dads stock bar went out years ago and I figure next time it goes I'll build him a new one if no one makes a better mount style. The stock tie rod end in a near push pull arrangement is refawkingtarded on his '01.

On the bright side I figure I saved his old bar so I can put a heim on the old frame side and use it for a front 3 link on my truck one of these decades. :redneck:

Huh, Maybee im a bit out of it but my friends is adjustable. As is mine. 1 3/4 3/8ths wall dom should be a sufficient improvement. Did yours come on the truck or did you install it? The one im working with is straight anemic compared to the replacement im making.

I installed it, the SOB was heavy too:awesomework: but they run around 400 or 500 bucks so they aint cheap:cool:

Does anyone make one that has a nea frame mount? My dads stock bar went out years ago and I figure next time it goes I'll build him a new one if no one makes a better mount style. The stock tie rod end in a near push pull arrangement is refawkingtarded on his '01.

On the bright side I figure I saved his old bar so I can put a heim on the old frame side and use it for a front 3 link on my truck one of these decades. :redneck:

There's companies that make brackets to change to an '03+ track bar. Definitely paying for concept and not the material when looking at the combined price of the bracket and bar.

www.sourceautomotive.biz/shop/products/1994_2002_Dodge_Track_Bar_Conversion_Kit-54-20.html

www.sourceautomotive.biz/shop/catalog/Steering_and_Suspension_Upgrades-20-1.html

for guys with 40+ tires on buggy and wheelers,

would you buy a kit link for your wheeler?

Why would any one do that that could build a better design, not just beef up an old shitty design.

Ive looked at mine, I will be building my OWN with better joints and stout mounting points.